2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just picked up my new Type R GT and driven it back to work...
Still grinning!!!!! :D:D:D...

I think I got free red Type R mats and free locking wheelnuts.. result!
lol @ the scotsman. [smilie=cheeky-grin:
I also got a free tax disc holder and rear window dealer sticker... back of the net ![smilie=tongue.gif]

The locking nuts are standard and I think most get the mats, you've only got to ask.

Seriously mate, the grin is permanent. Enjoy the new motor.

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
Yeah! Glad to see another Red CTR driver in the Edinburgh Area.

Just watch out for the old dears out shopping mate, they seem to be attracted to the red CTRs and try and hit them whenever they can.

You will also now find that you don't want to park it anywhere you cannot see it and the whole time your away from it you will be worrying.

BTW if you bought from Chathams its Standard to get the mats free from them. Its all part of the price. I also got 19" rage wheels, iPod Connector and Diamond Bright which I didn't have a clue was on it until two days after I picked it up all for nowt.

Happy Driving!

·
Type R GT R-11299
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've found myslelf looking out the office window quite regulary this afternoon!!!

Yup, bought from Chathams, great service, I sold my old car at the weekend and they gave me a courtesy car til the car was ready today.... I only ordered it last week!

Car sounds identical to yours except I didn't go for the Ipod connector.... I even got the Diamond Bright too!

I think I shall be out for a wee spin tonight somehow... If you see a 57 plate one then give me a flash... !;)

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
I've found myslelf looking out the office window quite regulary this afternoon!!!

Yup, bought from Chathams, great service, I sold my old car at the weekend and they gave me a courtesy car til the car was ready today.... I only ordered it last week!

Car sounds identical to yours except I didn't go for the Ipod connector.... I even got the Diamond Bright too!

I think I shall be out for a wee spin tonight somehow... If you see a 57 plate one then give me a flash... !;)
Yeah, cracking service from them. I know it all depends on who you deal with but some a cracking guys. I didn't go for the iPod connector, they just chucked it in as yet another freebie. There was me sitting saying, Hmmmmm now will I have a iPod connector or those alloy wheels and the guy said how about I do both for the list price and seen as its you we'll call it £18600. lol!

Mind yourself if your out the night in the car, its cold out there and your breaks and tyres aren't bedded in......also watch out for gritters. The paint is as soft as a cushion and you don't want it looking pebble dashed! :mad:

·
Type R GT R-11299
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I'm home after some last minute Christmas shopping and a good couple of hours in the car.... It's brilliant!

Avoided the gritters after taking your advice.... best avoided with brand new brakes!

A couple of times into the 5500rpm + range.. .the sound is amazing...! :D:D:D:D

Parked outside my window too...

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
Welcome to the club

·
geekess
3,638 Posts
Me three!!

Its like being in love - you can't stop looking at the object of your affections

20 days and 1000 miles later and i'm still :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:. When i get to where i turn off the road to where i live i think 'Nooo' don't want to go home yet and just keep driving....

Enjoy.......

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
Me three!!

Its like being in love - you can't stop looking at the object of your affections

20 days and 1000 miles later and i'm still :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:. When i get to where i turn off the road to where i live i think 'Nooo' don't want to go home yet and just keep driving....

Enjoy.......
Is your hubby feeling a bit neglected at the moment. ;)

I know what you mean though.

·
geekess
3,638 Posts
Is your hubby feeling a bit neglected at the moment. ;)

I know what you mean though.

LOL Very!!!
But then i did take him to Italy last weekend. 3 whole days without my car - what a sacrifice i made ;)

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
Well I'm home after some last minute Christmas shopping and a good couple of hours in the car.... It's brilliant!

Avoided the gritters after taking your advice.... best avoided with brand new brakes!

A couple of times into the 5500rpm + range.. .the sound is amazing...! :D:D:D:D

Parked outside my window too...
Glad your enjoying it, but you may want to read the running in guide in the Wiki.

I tried to stick to it as much as possible and after 1500 miles i've used no oil as per my last check on Wednesday morning. It has been commented on here that folk who horse the car from day one have been using quite a bit of oil and this is also the same for someone else I know of who did that.

I did Vtec mines a few times by accident within the first 600 miles, but it was after a few hundered and only for a second. Just want you to get the bext from your car mate.

I'll keep an eye out for you. Can't miss me really, not too many CTR's in red in Edinburgh :) actually not too many red civics in edinburgh full stop!

·
Type R GT R-11299
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Angi4m, I had a look at the Wiki about running in before I got the car... I'm avoiding the bypass and any motorway miles....

I also asked at Chathams and they said to take it easy for the first 500 miles to bed in the tyres and the brakes, and avoid constant high revs...

To be honest I've only done 50 miles and that was around town, when I saw my first gritter I headed for home... hasn't been above 5500 rpm yet...

I've a couple of wee trips to make over the Christmas break so should pass the 500 mile mark. Then I might venture into the seeing if I can get the rev lights to come on..

By the way, at what point do they come on???

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
I've a couple of wee trips to make over the Christmas break so should pass the 500 mile mark. Then I might venture into the seeing if I can get the rev lights to come on..

By the way, at what point do they come on???
Hmmm, think its around the 7000rpm mark? Not quite sure but I do know that in 6th it Vtec's at 110mph just incase you needed to know :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts