2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a pretty mad couple of weeks as we have had several big build on the go including the S2000 we did that hit 660bhp but this week it was the turn of the FN2's.

First one was the Turbocharged car that due to the stock internals I have been torque limiting it to 280ftlb which at 10PSI was running a solid 350bhp.
Its now running a fully forged 2.1L motor that we have spec'd up and built running some nice Cosworth parts as well as extensive headwork that we have done together with valvetrain.
This has meant we have been able to wind the boost and torque back up to a point where we are presently just under 500bhp and 360ftlb.
We are still lifting the wastegate at 21PSI so it needs an even bigger spring...or 3 so we can go higher plus with some higher octane booster we are hoping to go over 500 which on a fully functioning road car with all mod cons is quite an achievement.

The other car is a Rotrex supercharged car running with a front mount intercooler. It is also running a variation of the same 2.1 setup as used in the turbo car but with slightly different pistons to keep the response needed when supercharging.
This car used to run around 370bhp at 220ftlb. It is now running 401bhp and 240ftlb at 8800rpm.

Pretty happy with that…… and going racing now. :)

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great achievement..but surely anything of that power would be better rwd or 4wd.
Tell that to any of the lads with 500-600bhp on their daily drivers we have done and they will probably say its just fine. They are all slightly :panic: though. :lol:

But saying that. yes. I think you are probably right. :)

Just drove the supercharged car and the balance is absolutley perfect. Pulls real hard all the way to the limiter and doesn't break traction....... Unlike the "shredder" that is the Turbo car. :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
Excellent work guys :) Also shows just how much bang for buck the turbo conversion yields when you let it rip - 360lb/ft and more to come whereas the supercharged engine (although excellent) just can't compare! Thing is though, I'd need to pre-book my funeral before being let loose with 500bhp in a FWD car :)

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Great work guys. Id love to see the s2000 guys face in the wet!

·
Premium Member
6,562 Posts
Excellent work guys :) Also shows just how much bang for buck the turbo conversion yields when you let it rip - 360lb/ft and more to come whereas the supercharged engine (although excellent) just can't compare! Thing is though, I'd need to pre-book my funeral before being let loose with 500bhp in a FWD car :)
The Keys are here for you like I promised. :)

:(THE BITCH:(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts