2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any thoughts or even info' if or when the new 3 cylinder motor might ever be going in the Jazz.

The latest incarnation does seem a viable proposition as a move on from the Civic. The car looks modern, spacious but still pretty compact. Also cheaper than the new Civic which although seems to be getting very good reports, is a little larger again.

Not driven the current 1.3- might be ok performance wise but really like the promise and idea behind the small turbo petrol engine.

Knowing Honda of course, they do seem to have this habit of not quite offering (at least as individuals) what really would be on our wish list. Knowing also they do like coming to the show a little late, maybe there's hope yet ?

·
Premium Member
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone with any thoughts or comments ? (just one?!!)

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Not seen any info or intention from Honda, but the new petrol engines are a big thing for them and I would be very surprised if they did not put them in the current Jazz (maybe at it's mid life refresh).

The current 1.3 is nippy, but not what I would call fast. It is very quiet and refined though.

·
Premium Member
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was kind of hoping one of the team might have some positive comments.

Perhaps a bit early in its life yet, but should Honda eventually put the 3 cylinder in and update some of the exterior as historically they have always done to their cars, I reckon the Jazz would be on the short list when the time comes to invest some proper money into a replacement for our 8 gen. auto.

·
Premium Member
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Hope they get things moving ! Next spring would be good.Said I would'nt buy a new car again (was a type S), but a Jazz 3cyl. with Nav, if the drive went well, could take the plunge.
It's a cracking little engine and it would push the Jazz along nicely .

·
Registered
13 Posts
It's a cracking little engine and it would push the Jazz along nicely .
I agree the Turbo engine will transform the Jazz. I am fortunate to drive the similarly power rated 1.5 earth dream engined Jazz
and it will see off the 1.8 Civic and most similar cars up to about 60mph.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts