2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I've been looking at Roof Rack options for my Civic Type S and have found that the only real option is the Honda one, which isn't truely removeable as cutting the trim is required for fitting.

We all know the "magic seats" in the 3 door are still there, just without the locking mechanism, and with the wee ring lock around the bar. 10 seconds lifts the seats up and has them locked up using the seat belts. Excellent.

What i'm wondering is, could I fit 2 mountain bikes in the back, with the wheels removed, without scratching the car? :D

Cheers,

D

·
Premium Member
1,467 Posts
Well I have 5 door and I managed to put 1 mountain bike in it witjout any problems and without removing wheels from it and there is still room for one or two more....In 3 door I would assume that the bike can also get in without any problems and like you sad to take off front wheel first....

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have had two bikes in mine no problem still plenty of room just make sure the bikes are a different way round in the car

·
Registered
389 Posts
Well I have 5 door and I managed to put 1 mountain bike in it witjout any problems and without removing wheels from it and there is still room for one or two more....In 3 door I would assume that the bike can also get in without any problems and like you sad to take off front wheel first....
How did you fit it in without removing the front wheel??? I tried yesterday to put mine in for the first time (it's a full adult-size Mountain bike) and there is no way I can close the back doors with the wheel still on.

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
I have managed two mountain bikes in the back no problems - front wheels removed. My is a 5 door though, no damage to interior, I also put down a large plastic sheet to ensure no marks inside the car - those £1 Ikea shower curtains sure are useful! :p

·
Premium Member
1,467 Posts
How did you fit it in without removing the front wheel??? I tried yesterday to put mine in for the first time (it's a full adult-size Mountain bike) and there is no way I can close the back doors with the wheel still on.
At first I thought myself I'll have to take the wheel of but after thinking I did it. I turned steering of bike little bit to front of car and bike went in perfectly and it was full size too. Doors where steering and front wheels were I didn't open I got it thro other door and I only put some plastic around handles so it doesn't scratch any foil on windows or plastic trim....To bad I didn't took any pics of it and I used seat belts to secure it....

Here is pic from civics brochure (maybe it can help....I wrote on it how I did it....)

Attachments

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the replies. I'll try and squeeze both bikes in at the weekend, and post some pictures. :)

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
Is that a bike for midgets tho

1 - 11 of 11 Posts