2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm keen to buy the current satnav disc from our long standing and trusted Civinfo member. However he's advised me I will need to initiate the '3 finger salute' after installing the disc due to the car being a face lift ('09).

Can anyone explain what the procedure is, and how to carry it out-have tried searching but no luck. Worst case scenario is if I wipe out the satnav function I'll be in seriously hot water ! (partner's car who's got quite used to the convenience of the fitted satnav)

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,265 Posts
http://www.civinfo.com/wiki/index.php?title=How_to_revert_to_a_previous_satnav_version

If you want to go back to an older satnav version, if you simply put the old DVD in then you will get an error message.
To fix this:

• Put the old disc in.
  • Wait for the error message.
  • Go into the diagnostic menu by pressing and holding Menu, Map and Back simultaneously (see photo below).
  • Select Version and press OK (push the big joystick in).
  • Select Download and press OK.

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,265 Posts
I'm quite sure you don't need to go into the menu when upgrading to a newer version. I never did with either of my 8G's.

The only time I needed the menu was when I wanted to remove the DVDR and put back the older legal DVD before p/x ing.

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pete's right, a newer DVD should auto install :)
I'm quite sure you don't need to go into the menu when upgrading to a newer version. I never did with either of my 8G's.

The only time I needed the menu was when I wanted to remove the DVDR and put back the older legal DVD before p/x ing.
Thanks for the replies chaps.

The info' I have is that with the facelifts ('09) I will have to access the diagnostics menu. (Last year I bought 2 discs, one for my '07 which accepted the new disc immediately and one for the present car which would'nt recognise the disc.

Don't know if at the time accessing the diagnostics menu would have enabled recognition of that disc as was'nt aware of the procedure.

Reactions: RA108

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,265 Posts
Your partly right.

The MY09 facelift included disc checking. The older straight copies worked perfectly OK on earlier SatNavs but from the MY09 the DVD needed a special file hack.

The bit about not needing the menu still applies to all 8G's providing you have the right version.

I have heard on the grapevine that the latest 2016 DVD has a slightly different protection system but has been hacked. Hopefully the vendors here have the latest corrected 2016 version

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Your partly right.

The MY09 facelift included disc checking. The older straight copies worked perfectly OK on earlier SatNavs but from the MY09 the DVD needed a special file hack.

The bit about not needing the menu still applies to all 8G's providing you have the right version.

I have heard on the grapevine that the latest 2016 DVD has a slightly different protection system but has been hacked. Hopefully the vendors here have the latest corrected 2016 version
Thanks for the update on that.

Think I'll order a disc and attempt compatability. Just concerned a little should I make the sat nav inoperable through mismanagement of the procedure , new disc or old.

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Disc installed, thanks to help/advice from Kremmen, Gray52 and olliewells. Cheers !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts