2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I recently bought a 1.8 ES '06' Plate, used from Honda Chiswick (West London). However, i want to exchange the car for a diesel as the mpg isn't as i expected. It's been 2 weeks since i bought the car, and I haven't done 1,000 miles yet. But Honda Chiswick refused to exchange the car as they said there was nothing wrong with it. Even though on their website it states:

'A hassle-free Honda promise. Buy one of our used cars and you have 30 days or 1,000 miles (whichever you arrive at first) to change your mind.

If it hasn’t met your expectations, the dealer who supplied the car will exchange it for one of equal or greater value, with a cash adjustment if needed.'

What can I do? Should I be able to exchange my car?

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Of course you can "exchange" it for another of their cars, if that is their promise. Just quote their website. Don't really see your problem... :confused:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry, i forgot to mention the salesman at Honda, Chiswick, said the website wasn't worded correctly and that they only exchange cars if there is a fault with them that they can't fix.

I can't beleive that the actual Central Honda Office has got it wrong on their own website, so i'm guessing the salesman at Honda Chiswick isn't being entirely truthful.

The only problem is I don't know what i'm supposed to do now?

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
Sorry, i forgot to mention the salesman at Honda, Chiswick, said the website wasn't worded correctly and that they only exchange cars if there is a fault with them that they can't fix.

I can't beleive that the actual Central Honda Office has got it wrong on their own website, so i'm guessing the salesman at Honda Chiswick isn't being entirely truthful.

The only problem is I don't know what i'm supposed to do now?
The wording issue is not your problem, it is theirs.

I would say contact HUK via e-mail and ask them to confirm the text on the website and also make contact with the manager of the dealer.

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Tell them you're taking it to the Citizens Advice Bureau, and definitely go there asap if they won't honour the advertisement.

As FWH said, the wording is not your problem.

Think I would demand a full refund now as they have contravened the Sale of Goods Act, and go elsewhere.

Make a note of the dates and times you complain so they can't drag matters out and then say you're outside the 30 day time limit.

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
Also, asking them for their statement (that the text does not apply) in writing is a good idea.

If they refuse, ask why.

If they ask why you want it, say you are talking to HUK and the Citizens Advice Bureau, like Allan said.

·
Premium Member
1,050 Posts
Interesting..... Keep us posted on how it unfolds !

·
Registered
5 Posts
If it's any use I spoke to Honda Customer Services today, not that they were much help. When I asked how the 30 day exchange policy works the individual I spoke to simply put me on hold for a few minutes then referred me to the relevant page on the website (which I had read already anyway).

Has anyone used or know anyone who has used the facility and is willing to share their experience?

I wonder too how often the offer is used. Anecdotally, the local Ford dealer mentioned the 30 day exchange on Ford Direct cars (we didn't end up buying a Ford) but said he had never known anyone to request an exchange.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts