114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys , need some advice please

Current setup;

30mm eibach springs, OEM dampers
20mm spacers front (previously 15mm)
15mm spacers rear
Alloys original 18inch OEM tyre size

The clearance is tight on the front and I'm pretty sure it's catching on rough surfaces and corners

I had no choice but to widen the front to accommodate my newly acquired Brembo BBK, it barely clears with the 20mm spacers as it is !

What are my options to correct this issue ?

15mm springs ?

Coilovers ?

Different alloys ? If so which size design and offset ?

Different tyre size ? If so which size ?

Arch rolling? Not sure this can be done I would prefer this option has anyone else done this ?

Any advice much appreciated

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
357 Posts
It is will documented that a drop of that margin as well as those spacers will cause the car to rub. I'd recommend removing those 30mm lowering springs and replacing them with the 15mm progressive kit they have.

Your dampers may be tired, this will cause the car to dive under heavy cornering and braking.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice one imzee, how does it ride on these tyres ? Shame really I only just recently bought a new set of PS4 Tyres

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Of course I could look at 17inch wheels but I'm worried the exhaust would scrap over bumps

I have my eye on a set Meister zeta coilovers

·
Registered
357 Posts
Go around checking your bushes and shock absorbers first, this may cause the slack needed to cause rubbing.

Whats the mileage of the car? As far as those coilovers, i'd avoid them as @hondacivicnut has had a hand full of issues with their durability.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Sound imzee

Milage is just over 75k,
Shocks OEM new fitted at 68k
Eibach 30mm fitted at same time
All Front bushes all brand new only 1k ago
FRSU from grinspeed

I'm satisfied no suspension issues only from front all refreshed and tight handles immensely well

Im gonna see if there's anyway to sand/shave off some of the inner arch , god knows may just swap the tyres as you said so may have a set nearly new PS4s coming up for sale lol

·
Clutch pedal guru
5,101 Posts

I'll never buy their products again. Have a read of the above link

·
Registered
577 Posts
Hust get 15mm pro springs? I've got 20mm spa ers and bbk on mine and no rubbing or noise at all. Both before and after i had the springs fitted

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've got some yellow speed coilovers on the way , I'm gonna try raise the ride height to see if this won't touch

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
the problem you have, if you lower the car, the maximum spacer size would be 17mm @Wilmo has on the front, 15mm is normally what everyone fits on the front, do you need the 20mm to clear the brakes? my suggestion would be to roll the arches, thats my 2 penath

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's barely clearing with 20mm if I go any lesser it'll scrape for sure

Dunno if the yellow speed coilovers I got on the way will remedy this

I thought the front arches could be rolled especially with the trim cover we have on the arches, also wouldn't it involve removing the inner arch lining

·
Super Moderator
1,257 Posts
the problem you have, if you lower the car, the maximum spacer size would be 17mm @Wilmo has on the front, 15mm is normally what everyone fits on the front, do you need the 20mm to clear the brakes? my suggestion would be to roll the arches, thats my 2 penath
Not me, mines standard.

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Sorry Wilmo, is @Bones126 with 17mm spacers then, i hope....:)
if you haven't got any spacers Wilmo, why not lol, the car looks so much better
I have 17mm spacers all round and -15 drop on Eibach. On big bumps i get a slight rub from the front only, nothing from the back though. I think if I had a FRSU it wouldn't happen.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts