2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Replica man
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my dads just got his new type s gt t and we didnt realise u could put a sd card with mp3s in, now we have looked on ebay for a sdhc card 32gb has anyone tried one and will it be slow?

my other question is im am currently looking at getting at type s or type s gt could i put a hsv system or is that out of the question ie would i need a whole new dash?

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
It is possible to replace the head unit (at least in non-classic-style-sat-nav cars), have a look in the Wiki.

The older sat nav cars (non-T) are quite slow reading a CD full of mp3s, but only once after you change discs.
No idea about the T grade and SD, sorry.

·
Replica man
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just to update people you can use a 32gb card on the new 2010 head units on the gt t and yes you can change alburm extra and its not slow at all, one more thing i wish i had on my 07 model

·
Move over..comming thru!!
533 Posts
Be very careful buying large capacity cards from eBay, lots of fake capacity cards around - check the feedback of the seller carefully. Also yes an SD card can be slow - make sure get one with a decent read speed - your list of album folders will load much quicker on the screen. Try to get class 6 or above for a good speed.

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
Not a very good picture, but this is a SanDisk 32 GB SDHC (Class 10 !) card ...

Incredibly fast and 100% bullet-proof ...

Attachments

·
Replica man
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats the one i got for my dad ,as if it didnt work in the car i could use it in my camera but it just so happens it works and it works well so not only do you have a sync to your iphone 32gb and a cd mp3 player you can have a 32bg card too! crazy times!

ohh and yeh i made the mistake of buying a usb stick on ebay never do that again

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
That's the one i got for my Dad, as if it didn't work in the car i could use it in my camera but it just so happens it works and it works well so not only do you have a sync to your iPhone 32 GB and a CD mp3 player you can have a 32 GB card too! crazy times! Ohh and yeah I made the mistake of buying a USB stick on eBay never do that again
I bought 2 - one for my Still camera and one for my Video camera - then I realised that the battery life was much less than the memory card's capacity - so one is now sitting in my little 'Netbook', increasing the storage capacity by about 20% ! ...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts