2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see it says on Wiki that it shouldn't affect 08(58) cars...but a quick call to local dealer and they say there's never been a recall or any modification to the spec...

I don't have an issue atm but soon will fit LSD and obviously would rather get this sorted at same time/before fitting LSD.

Can anyone point me to something conclusive regarding the 'factory' fix?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Had a 58 plate for around 4 weeks, and its popped out of gear a couple of times. Wouldn't say its a major issue but it does always happen in third :(

·
Registered
257 Posts
Yeah, I've got an 08 car on a 57 plate - was pretty bad for the first 1000 miles, but hasn't crunched or popped out since. Saying that, the change into 3rd is definitely not as smooth as the others - it seems like there are two notches to get it in gear, sometimes bet with a very slight metallicy crunch (I must emphasise its a very slight noise, mainly felt through the hand when shifting).

·
Registered
10 Posts
3rd gear

Got a 2007 Type R, was slipping out of 3rd gear, took it back to Honda dealer, they have changed the synchro (whatever that is), no problems since, however Honda are aware that there is a problem. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Yeah, I've got an 08 car on a 57 plate - was pretty bad for the first 1000 miles, but hasn't crunched or popped out since. Saying that, the change into 3rd is definitely not as smooth as the others - it seems like there are two notches to get it in gear, sometimes bet with a very slight metallicy crunch (I must emphasise its a very slight noise, mainly felt through the hand when shifting).
I have also a 08 model.
Recently I took a shortshifter of twm performance since been installed and all courses are faster, more precise and without appeal problems.
including the previously little scratch the gears 1 and 3!
the problem is now solved
that the 3rd gear pops out of this problem, I have not, however, and since the beginning.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so it seems it's still potentially an issue and that Honda never actually recalled cars and we can't be sure later models were fitted with a different syncro?

·
Registered
94 Posts
mines an 08 and it still had this 3rd gear issue. So took it back to dealers to be fixed under warranty and seems problem has gone away.

·
Banned
77 Posts
had my ctr gt for 6 weeks now not even a squeek out of it no complaints what so ever.would post a photo but cannot get them onto this forum??????????:confused:

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
had my ctr gt for 6 weeks now not even a squeek out of it no complaints what so ever.would post a photo but cannot get them onto this forum??????????:confused:
Easy - "go advanced" when posting and use the paperclip. :D

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi Guys,

I am from Sydney, AUS

My 1st post ^^

I got a MY08 type r. also got the 3rd gear issue (pop out to neutral).

back to the dealer and change the synchro?? under warranty repair. and also start using 98ROH petrol.

now the shifting does improve a lot. much much more smooth.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Hi Guys,

I am from Sydney, AUS

My 1st post ^^

I got a MY08 type r. also got the 3rd gear issue (pop out to neutral).

back to the dealer and change the synchro?? under warranty repair. and also start using 98ROH petrol.

now the shifting does improve a lot. much much more smooth.
what kind of context, has the Sprit with the switching process? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Mines popped out a few times in 3rd gear during the first 1,000 miles.

Seems less of a problem now, happens only occasionally, not enough to annoy me, maybe twice in the last two months.

Possibly gets better with age ?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts