2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a slight thing going on with 3rd gear. Its not a massive problem but I have noticed that sometimes the gears don't engage properly, it almost has a double knotch feeling to it. I always make sure to push it in a little further untill I feel the second knotch.

I have just read through another thread and this was briefly referred to in it, in a way which made it sound like a pretty common issue. Has any one else experienced this feeling or can any one point me in the direction of any info?
I'm not massively worried, its not a big problem but I would like to know in advance if it is going to become one :)

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice one guys, well, car is out of warranty so guess I'll be living with it! :(

·
WARRIOR
2,107 Posts
Nice one guys, well, car is out of warranty so guess I'll be living with it! :(

go in and give them a bit of stick at the local Honda Dealer, its a well documented fault, they need to change the 3rd gear syncro.

if that dont work get in touch with Honda UK. like i said they know about this issue:(

·
Premium Member
6,699 Posts
Honda UK should fix this under goodwill, with a few fingers crossed of course.

Fault #2

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
My car popped out of 3rd gear today for the first time while I was overtaking, I don't think that it went in gear properly in the first place. It was cold today and around 3c.

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mine has only being doing it since it's been really cold too. It hasn't jumped out of gear, just has needed a firmer pushing in than normal. Sometimes it crunches a bit if it's not pushed in far enough. Spoken to the dealers about it who said it wouldn't be dealt with out of warranty and that the labour for work would be about £325 with the cost of parts on top. I'll be leaving it till it becomes a real problem... might fre off a letter to HUK though!

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Had a good result today! I took the car to a honda dealer last week and asked about the 3rd gear sync issue I was having. I was told that the car was out of warranty and I would have to stump up to have it sorted. I think the quote I was given was £320 for labour and the cost of all the parts would be on top...
I was pretty hacked off about the fact I was gonna have to pay for hondas mistake.
Called Honda uk and spoke to some one there, left all my info etc with them. Got a call back this afternoon to say that they would sort it out free of charge!
I know that this should really be the case as it is a known fault but at the same time I really wasn't expect to get such a good result.

Very happy with Honda again now :)

·
**Generating Gloss**
1,280 Posts
My car popped out of 3rd gear today for the first time while I was overtaking, I don't think that it went in gear properly in the first place. It was cold today and around 3c.
I had the same thing today, trying to work through the gears when negotiating a round about then couldn't engage 3rd gear then heard a grinding noise when it popped out. It's being checked out when I get my MOT done and My dealership have been kind enough to not charge me the £100+ diagnostic fee for it. So will see what they say.

My issue is just the same as yours Tom. Not an urgent matter but happens every now and then.

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
I had the same thing today, trying to work through the gears when negotiating a round about then couldn't engage 3rd gear then heard a grinding noise when it popped out. It's being checked out when I get my MOT done and My dealership have been kind enough to not charge me the £100+ diagnostic fee for it. So will see what they say.

My issue is just the same as yours Tom. Not an urgent matter but happens every now and then.
I'd have thought, even though the cars out of warranty Honda would fix it anyway as its a known problem.

I had mine done last year as it was doing the exact same as yours / Toms

Give HUK a call and speak to them, hopefully you'll get some joy!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts