2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

So i got my 07 Type-R in Feb, it's been absolutely great. But i have noticed a few times it doesn't want to go into 3rd gear and it has, on one occasion, popped out.

I took it to the Honda garage I got it from so they could have a look and see what they thought. The techie took it out, he said it felt "notchy" when going into 3rd but he couldn't get it to not go in or pop out (of course it wouldn't happen when i wanted it to) as a result he called the warranty company. Warranty company said they want them to take the box out and send them pictures!? If they think it needs fixing they'll do it, if not i'll have to pay to have it all put back together.

Does this sound at all right?

Thanks again :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that, it sounds like my problem.

I just can't understand why the warranty company would want to see pictures before they'll do the work? How much would they be able to see from a picture? They wouldn't be able to diagnose a fault from it would they.

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
I'm not entirely sure either. I would suggest that you take a printout of the wiki page text and take that / send it to the warranty company so they can see exactly what Honda have to say on the issue.

·
UKDM
779 Posts
If you got it from a honda garage wouldnt the warranty be with honda?

I got my 3rd gear syncro replaced under a honda extended warranty

1 - 5 of 5 Posts