2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My type R has done 14K now and 3rd can be a bit clunky, It wont just drop in to 3rd gear it almost hits a stop first then goes in, our lass has more trouble than I do,

I have had a few threads on here and im going to go on again, the longer I have this car the more in getting to dislike it, I think its under powerd, the brakes are cr*p and 3rd gear can be a pain in the jenk also the amount of petrol it uses I could be running a turbo.

Roll on spring and good bye :) hello Evo 10

·
The Talented Mr. Robbieee
3,295 Posts
Are you sure you arnt comparing your CTR too much to your old elise's?

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Elise

I dunno the none servo elises wouldn stop either but then again they cornerd that well you didnt need to brake :)

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got a plan

The 10 will be more of a weekend car so im not to worried about the fuel and she will still be coverd by mitsy incase it goes wrong, I have just bought a 182 clio to scrat around and run to work so hopefully I have everything coverd, Ill keep the type R in the garage in the bad weather to look after it, it sounds like a plan.

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
you only live once,, dont waste it

Loaded ?? Not really, got a good deal £3000 for a clio, Im hoping keeping the civic in the garage over winter will be a good move, keep the value up and also spotless, I usually buy an old Sj or jimney for blasting around in winter and doing a bit of off roading,
saying that I would let the Type R go for £13500, to a good home of course.

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
I dunno the none servo elises wouldn stop either but then again they cornerd that well you didnt need to brake :)
Also less than half the weight of a 'normal' car. You cant compare an Elise to a CTR.

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:)

I wasnt :)

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:)

But if I was I would think the Civic would stop sooner, even tho I think the brakes are pants, obviously the Elise is much lighter but there is no weight on the front end, they lock up far to easy and in the wet there is no point in braking :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts