2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got back from the car's 3rd service and 1st MOT.

This year decided to go to Bassetts Honda in Swansea

I couldn't ask for a better service: friendly staff with smiles on their faces; courtesy car and a free MOT as I had a 'free MOT with 3rd service' card given to me in their service booklet.

Only issue, I need two new tyres on the rear as they are starting to perish! Plenty of tread which is the downer, but I'm not going Pilot Sports again! Not bad for 19k miles.

Big thumbs up to Bassetts Honda :D

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I saw the 'Nissan - coming soon' banner and thought it was just an addition!

Went to Swansea as I'm on Half Term holiday so we booked a courtesy car and tootled off to MacArthur Glen for some retail therapy.

Just the smiles on their faces and general chit-chat at Swansea Bassetts made it a pleasant experience. We had our last years service at Penparc. As I say, nothing wrong with Roundabout, they do what needs doing but just lack the 'fizz' of customer care I expect and have had in the past (including Haverfordwest Toyota for my MR2)

·
Registered
479 Posts
Yeah I thought so to but I heard they're going to get rid of the Honda and just leave the Nissan - mind that's just what I've heard as gossip!

Hopefully they stay, as even though I do really rate Penparc highly, it's a bit far to travel!

Good to know though. :)

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
An update on Roundabout - drove past it this morning on the way to work and the whole showroom was empty and in darkness...
Maybe Honda isn't staying... possibly a 100 mile round trip now to either Penparc or Swansea Bassetts.

Will have a good look on the way home tonight.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Only issue, I need two new tyres on the rear as they are starting to perish
I was told this two years ago re my rear tyres at MOT time...........30,000 miles later still fine and not mentioned at two subsequent MOTS.

In all fairness the Honda garage that gave me the advisory said don't waste you money buying new tyres...........

Regards all

Juan

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was told this two years ago re my rear tyres at MOT time...........30,000 miles later still fine and not mentioned at two subsequent MOTS.Juan
Well there are cracks appearing around the edge of the tyre wall so I'm going to go to my local garage for a second opinion.

With regards Neyland, I read in the Western Telegraph yesterday they are "open for business as usual" and are "refurbishing ready for their additional franchise". Looks like they are keeping Honda then. They are calling themselves Roundabout Garage not Roundabout Honda.

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
Well there are cracks appearing around the edge of the tyre wall so I'm going to go to my local garage for a second opinion.
Interesting. I've read that cracks on the side wall can be caused by often going over speed humps, but I didn't think Pembs had been blighted by these things so much.

For the sake of £60/tyre it sounds like some new one will give you peace of mind. If you do need tyres I've consistently found Camskill to offer the best prices. Your local tyre garage should fit these for £10/tyre.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Interesting. I've read that cracks on the side wall can be caused by often going over speed humps, but I didn't think Pembs had been blighted by these things so much.

For the sake of £60/tyre it sounds like some new one will give you peace of mind. If you do need tyres I've consistently found Camskill to offer the best prices. Your local tyre garage should fit these for £10/tyre.
2 speed bumps at work and that's it! I'm guessing the Pilot Sports have been on the car for not near-off the 19k the car's covered, and although there is plenty of wear left the Honda technician said they really need replacing in the next month or two. He reckons it's due to the weather more than driving as the car's doing less than 6k a year with me.

I had two 'budget' front ones recently for £60 each fitted, seems pointless going for anything too expensive if they perish before wearing.

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
I had two 'budget' front ones recently for £60 each fitted, seems pointless going for anything too expensive if they perish before wearing.
Fair point. More recently I've used Avon, Falken & Honkook on some of my cars which are all decent makes of tyres but often only a few pounds more per tyre. I believe their braking ability in the wet is significantly better than ultra budget tyres. Worth getting a price anyway.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.