·
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, today i got a quote from TDI for 4 mods i am interested in. They are;

HKS Exhaust
HKS RSK Intake
Flash Pro
Eibach + FRS

+Labour for fitting /Dyno And then the lovely V.A.T.

I was expecting to get them all done at once, but after looking at the amount i would have to save up, i decided i will in fact get them one(Or 2) at a time to make it less painful. (Appreciate each individual mod as i get them .. is a better excuse to use for myself?)

So my question is..

What do you think i should go for first and why? ( I dont know the benefits all that well so its hard to decide. :()

Cheers [smilie=coolup.gif]

·
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok cool, thank you both for such quick replies. think 15mm will be ok though? I'd like more but my road has lots of speed bumps.

I asked a local garage about a FRS and they said they can only do Eibach 25mm drop but i seen people talk about 15mm before?

Thanks again [smilie=gt-happyup.:

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Standard eibach is 15mm drop on ctr.I think only abp has the 30mm drop.I got the standards done at abp and frs best mod imo

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
Springs 15mm and FRS then catback I had all this done at Abp at once and made a good difference. Have you thought about a non res milltek instead of the hks?

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
I would say intake, Flashpro, exhaust then suspension and tune.

·
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Springs 15mm and FRS then catback I had all this done at Abp at once and made a good difference. Have you thought about a non res milltek instead of the hks?
Mate, i have no idea what non res means lol.

I wanted a Milltek first off, but TDI recommended the HKS due to them not liking the quality of the fitting of the milltek.

If you could explain the whole exhaust thing to me, that'd be great? :)

Cheers again everyone.

·
Premium Member
2,515 Posts
Non res means non resonating. It's the louder version of the exhaust the resonating being quieter.

I got FRS and Flashpro at same time. Just bought intake and manifold to go on in March after MOT.

FRS makes the most difference. I couldn't believe the difference in handling. Night and day.

·
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Non res means non resonating. It's the louder version of the exhaust the resonating being quieter.

I got FRS and Flashpro at same time. Just bought intake and manifold to go on in March after MOT.

FRS makes the most difference. I couldn't believe the difference in handling. Night and day.

Right ok, i don't want an exhaust that'll cause me problems on long journeys though. I don't do them often at all but really does my ears in lol.

I'd go Milltek but just not sure when TDI said they don't like fitting quality, do many people have problems with them or something? Do res ones still sound a lot better than OEM one though?

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
I would say intake, Flashpro, exhaust then suspension and tune.
+1, The first one will give you a great sound. Just you tube HKS RSK. Job Done!!!

·
Premium Member
445 Posts

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
Just did.. does sound nice - But how hard is fitting? Better go look into that.
It's not very difficult to fit at all. If you take your time will be about one hour & half. Come with good detailed instructions.

Do it yourself if you can & take your time.

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
I have the milltek fitted on mine and not sure what they mean about quality and fitting as mine went on within 40 mins, doesn't catch anywhere, basically can't fault it. Sound wise not too loud if driving sensible but is loud if put foot down but i find it liveable.

I'd have say out of those 4 eibach's and FRSU as handling is terrible as standard and this will transform your car, then upgrade the brakes. No point in making the car faster if the handling and brakes aren't up to scratch.

Other option you have instead of eibach's is the Tein springs which I got cheaper than eibachs and do same job, these lower 15mm front 20mm rear.

·
V-tec BOOM
1,015 Posts
frs and rsk

1 - 20 of 32 Posts