2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just trying to find out if my other halfs been fleeced by ATS. She recently took her car in for the tracking to be done. I assumed this would be two wheel only ( the fronts ) due to the rear beam on the FN2's. I just assumed these cars can't have the 4 wheel alignment done? But they charged her and said it needed 4 wheel alignment? Has she been stitched up? Cars a bog standard 08 plate CTR FN2. Cheers.

·
i-Vtec
2,786 Posts
As above no adjustment in the rear, although they will mount the equipment to the rear when doing the front. They should have given her a print out of the procedure with all the angles at the start and at the finish. When I had mine done on a Hunters it was stlll the same price for just doing the fronts as it would have been if they had been able to do the rears.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They said the car needed 4 wheel alignment...charged £70 to...not happy to be honest. What hope is there when you cant trust a mainstream garage. I've a mind to complain ?

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
Ouch. If it was ~£40 (2 Wheel alignment going rate-ish) I'd say don't bother, but the fact they've whacked you for £70 isn't good.

Probably worth asking them how they adjusted the trailing beam, and If they'd show you a print out...

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
As above really, I'd go back and ask for the proof of four wheel alignment being needed. But as Das says they will attach monitors to all four wheels if using the laser equipment.

Did you get a report following it?

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No mate no print out was given...which just makes me even more suspicious. All she got was info on the invoice that she'd had 4 wheel laser alignment done at a cost of £70. Just don't like these garages taking advantage of folks who are oblivious to what they do and don't need done

·
i-Vtec
2,786 Posts
£70! Jesus, thats expensive. I paid £40. What you should do is phone another branch and ask them how much they would charge for a wheel alignment on a civic, ask them about the 4 wheel alignment too. That will give you more info for you complaint.

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Think I’d be going in and having a question answer time with them, ask how much tracking is first, and then 4 wheel alignment and can they adjust the rear alignment if out. If they say no, then I’d be asking why they conducted 4 wheel alignment on a car they can not correct if wrong and why just tracking wasn’t suffice.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Reactions: Kevin Greenshields
1 - 12 of 12 Posts