2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
418.5 kms before the fuel light came on, i cant spell or do maths , whats my real world mpg ? Lol

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
If you want to do it accurately you need to brim the tank, use it, refill at the same station and same pump and see what you've used in how many miles.

I say same station and pump as if the car is at a different angle you might not get the same amount of fuel in due to trapped air. That's being pretty anal though :p

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
I suspect a remap will get you most of the way there but I can get 30mpg on local runs without a remap if I drive like a saint. Otherwise it seems to average 24-26mpg. It's rare I do any long runs though.

·
Premium Member
2,157 Posts
I average 38-41mpg ... but i do lots of motorway miles. and I have the hondata Group N ECU which apparently runs pretty rich?

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
It's the same as stock ( which is a tad rich - SAFE) as both the stock ECU, the group N ECU and the Hondata Flashpro group N map all have the same fuel table.

It only runs this AFR on wide open throttle though, on part throttle the ECU will automatically trim in to a 14.7 circa AFR ( Stoich)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts