2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
ex CW FN2 owner
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Just wondered if you could give me an idea on cost for my 48 Month Service which does need the Valve Clearance checking and also at the same time I would like to get Eibach -30mm kit and front & rear FRS set-up.

My cars current milage is 25k just incase you need know for the service.

Also I guess its advisable to get my new tyres fitted before the FRS ?( its going to be an expensive month [smilie=sadlook.gif])

Are you guys busy during the week of the 11th Feb as thats when I hopfully would like to get the work done.

Thanks for your help and advise

Adam

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Hi Adam,

Some prices for you then;

2nd service, consisting of oil and filter change and air filter replacement. Vehicle check over, service book stamped and all warranty approved @ £192.40 inc VAT.

The valve clearance check would have to be carried out on a completely stone-cold engine, so ideally we'd be looking at keeping it overnight if possible. This allows complete accuracy when measuring the clearances with the feeler guages and correcting if required. This is an extra cost, on top of the service at just £55.00.

For the FRS, including replacing your standard springs with our Eibach -30mm kit, depending on how many shims are required for the rear, would be between £450.00 and £484.00.

So, a total for all of the work mentioned above, £731.40 inc VAT (worst case, max number of shims)

As for tyres, it would be best to fit them before the geometry is carried out as in a worse case situation, you may have to have the front toe adjusted again after they're fitted. In some cases the steering wheel can be slightly effected (pointing down to one side in worst cases).

I've got some availability on the week beginning 11th Feb, but we're booking up fast so let me know when you can. I could get some prices for tyres too if you wanted?

Let me know what you fancy doing, and i'll do my very best to sort it. If you have any other questions, or want to call to book in; 01270 567177

All the best, hopefully speak to you soon.

Rich

·
ex CW FN2 owner
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Rich seems great value will be on the phone asap to get it all booked in then.

·
ex CW FN2 owner
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just hoping I can resist the lure of getting more mods when im there might have to come in blindfolded :p but guess there is no harm getting some advise on what to do next.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Aaaah, there's plenty of shiny things on the walls in the shop to tempt you. I don't know whether that is a bad thing or a good thing. Bad on the wallet, but it will all put a smile on your face.

Anyway, more than happy to help, now and when you come see us. See you in a couple of weeks!

Rich

1 - 6 of 6 Posts