2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

Getting my FN2 serviced in for its fourth time.

What should I expect to be done on this? Any list of work so I don't get ripped off by the dealers?

Many thanks

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
4 years is normally a big one gauged as 50K which is pretty much everything.
Speaking to Honda last week though they are cutting right back to reduce costs and make their servicing more competetive so it might just be an oil change, fluid checks and plug the car into the laptop for checks. (They can now cheack clearances via the laptop it seems. :eek:)

We would do the whole lot including plugs..... however knowing the mileage you have I would tailor the service around the mileage and condition, so do an oil and box oil change and clearances anyway.

Hope that helps. ;)

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
My R has just had her 4 year service, (47k miles) and it was £299. They had her all day and I must say she feels happier to me, though it may just be psychosomatic. It covers according to the paper work;

Replace engine oil and filter
inspect front and rear brakes (% wear)
check and adjust parking brake
check and adjust lights and alignment
check and adjust all fluid levels.
Carry out visual check of tie-rods, steering & driveshaft boots, suspension components, brake hose and lines (including ABS), exhaust system, fuel lines, vehicle corrosion, check tyre condition - pressure & wear (report mm)
check expiration date for TRK
Replace dust and pollen filter
test drive (noise, stability, dashboard operation)

·
Premium Member
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Clearances by laptop! Very worrying!
Tbh it's on a service plan so it was paid for when I bought the car. 5 services for £550.
But I'll be at your place when you get your cams back in anyway. I wasn't gonna bother with Honda and just wait but I thought may as well while its paid for.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts