2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
Excitement starting to mount, take delivery of 4th CTR on Sunday 9 days early, Milano Red. This is my first of the new model, so tell me what is your opinion on this new back end suspension that various commentators dont like. It would be handy if somebody who owned had both can make a comment. Car is already at dealer so that will give hope for anybody waiting that they are getting on top of the backlog. Car ordered on the 11th October so thats 7 weeks to dealer and 8 weeks to pick up.
:):):)

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
The ride is not as bad as my 07 cooper s with runflats . 8 weeks is such a short wait

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
8 weeks is good, I waited 11 weeks. I think you'll be in a better position to tell us what the comparison is like between the old and new after owning 3 old shape ones. Be sure to let us know what you think.
I think mine is the best car I ever owned.

Enjoy your new car. :D

·
Banned
118 Posts
glad to see your excited thats the ticket.
with all the rubbish flying about at the moment about the fn2 good to see someone buzzing,i've just fallen back in love with my fn2.
anyway back to the question,i had an ep3 and to be honest i find the ride harsh when travelling at slow speeds but ride quality is great at higher speeds,and compared to my ep3 i think it handles better doesnt feel as squirmy if thats a word as the ep3,it seems to be planted more on roads i drove in my old one.

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
glad to see your excited thats the ticket.
with all the rubbish flying about at the moment about the fn2 good to see someone buzzing,i've just fallen back in love with my fn2.
anyway back to the question,i had an ep3 and to be honest i find the ride harsh when travelling at slow speeds but ride quality is great at higher speeds,and compared to my ep3 i think it handles better doesnt feel as squirmy if thats a word as the ep3,it seems to be planted more on roads i drove in my old one.
If that's what you think then Honda did what it set out to do. They aimed to make it more refined and whether or not it is compared to the ep3 ( I don't know personally I've never been in one) I find it a very comfortable, easy to live with, everyday car. :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats why I went for the new model, getting on a bit now and I want a bit more luxury. But I dont want to find the back end giving way on me when I drive it the same way as the old one. I think I know the limits of the old one by now will have to ease into the bends and see how it handles. When I took it for a very short test drive, I didnt think it was quite as responsive on the corners but it might just want a differnet style of drive into the corners. Does anybody know if they still do the MAC one day dirving course with the car.

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
Thats why I went for the new model, getting on a bit now and I want a bit more luxury. But I dont want to find the back end giving way on me when I drive it the same way as the old one. I think I know the limits of the old one by now will have to ease into the bends and see how it handles. When I took it for a very short test drive, I didnt think it was quite as responsive on the corners but it might just want a differnet style of drive into the corners. Does anybody know if they still do the MAC one day dirving course with the car.
I think I remember reading something about the MAC driving course on here. It isn't offered to us FN2 owners. :(

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats a shame I learnt more about the limits of this car on my first MAC day, when you have got someone beside you who knows the exact limits of a vehicle even in the wet it gives you extreme confidence how far to push a vehicle. I dont think I have driven it that aggressively since but its good to know where that line is you can push too.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Hello there! I'm just in front of you for collecting my CTR GT - 9.30am Friday morning it'll be in possession and I cannot wait!

You don't know how pleased it has made me to see someone excited about the car - I am sick of people ripping into it. Catch ya for an update on the weekend, eh - we should be able to compare notes then! :)

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
Hello there! I'm just in front of you for collecting my CTR GT - 9.30am Friday morning it'll be in possession and I cannot wait!

You don't know how pleased it has made me to see someone excited about the car - I am sick of people ripping into it. Catch ya for an update on the weekend, eh - we should be able to compare notes then! :)
Wait until you get it, form your own opinion and then let all of us know what you think. :D

·
geekess
3,638 Posts

Collecting my Type R 10.00am Friday morning (my 2nd one) and I'm really excited. Should have been Thurs but got delayed a day transferring reg plates. We'll all have to swap notes at the weekend about how we are getting on - and post some photos

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update

Just been talking to the dealer and he checked the VIN number and it is an 08 model and I seem to have found a solution to the tinting of the lower perspex rear window glass, good news all round. 2 days to go

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
Collecting my Type R 10.00am Friday morning (my 2nd one) and I'm really excited. Should have been Thurs but got delayed a day transferring reg plates. We'll all have to swap notes at the weekend about how we are getting on - and post some photos
Did you get it R-2? What do you think??? :D

·
geekess
3,638 Posts
Yes collected this afternoon:D

Loving it:cool: So much more refined - its a very different car to the EP3. Driven about 70 miles since pick up but mostly in the dark in pouring rain:(. Looking forward to the weekend when I can really try her out.

I've put some pics in the gallery section

·
Registered
257 Posts
Picked up my NHB CTR GT yesterday morning - I absolutely love it! Apart from the fact that I had to drive it around in the most stinking weather, so now its plastered in mud. :(
Anyway, very pleased with it. Ride is nowhere near as bad as some reviewers have said. Perhaps it could be decribed as fidgety, but its certainly not uncomfortable (by my standards anyway) - which is all the more amazing considering I'm driving around the pot-hole/speed bump haven that is SE London. Gonna take it easy for the first few miles before running it in 'angry' mode. Book reckons 625... So long to wait! Dealer reckoned the door pins are now the revised ones, but obviously I'll watch out for this. I think my 3rd gear might eventually have problems though, as it doesn't seem to slip in as smoothly as the others. I wonder if the door handles have been changed from earlier ones? I remember the demo car/showroom one I looked at months ago had very creaky handles, but my one doesn't seem to be like this. Anyway, sorry for going on! Overall I am extremely pleased with this car and can't get over how good it looks inside & out! It has been named too... Mr Miyagi.

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
Yes collected this afternoon:D

Loving it:cool: So much more refined - its a very different car to the EP3. Driven about 70 miles since pick up but mostly in the dark in pouring rain:(. Looking forward to the weekend when I can really try her out.

I've put some pics in the gallery section

Are you going to run it in R-2?

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
Picked up my NHB CTR GT yesterday morning - I absolutely love it! Apart from the fact that I had to drive it around in the most stinking weather, so now its plastered in mud. :(
Anyway, very pleased with it. Ride is nowhere near as bad as some reviewers have said. Perhaps it could be decribed as fidgety, but its certainly not uncomfortable (by my standards anyway) - which is all the more amazing considering I'm driving around the pot-hole/speed bump haven that is SE London. Gonna take it easy for the first few miles before running it in 'angry' mode. Book reckons 625... So long to wait! Dealer reckoned the door pins are now the revised ones, but obviously I'll watch out for this. I think my 3rd gear might eventually have problems though, as it doesn't seem to slip in as smoothly as the others. I wonder if the door handles have been changed from earlier ones? I remember the demo car/showroom one I looked at months ago had very creaky handles, but my one doesn't seem to be like this. Anyway, sorry for going on! Overall I am extremely pleased with this car and can't get over how good it looks inside & out!
I totally agree with you on the ride comfort it is fine, hard but fine. It is a lousy time to buy a new car, cos if you're like me you want to keep it clean, so I'm washing mine twice a week at the moment. I think if your third gear is ok now, you'll be ok if anything the gearbox will just loosen up. I'm off to give mine a blast now, before I CLEAN it again. Enjoy your car. :D

It has been named too... Mr Miyagi.
:roll:

·
Registered
257 Posts
It is a lousy time to buy a new car, cos if you're like me you want to keep it clean, so I'm washing mine twice a week at the moment.
Too true. Mind you, with the 'summer' we had this year I don't think there was any preferable time of year to pick up the car! :)

·
geekess
3,638 Posts
Are you going to run it in R-2?
So far I've tried to follow the advice given on this site about running in. But as with the old one I won't push the revs too high for the first 600 - 1000 miles. You can almost feel when the car is ready as it starts to loosen up.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Got it

Hi All, took delivery this morning. done about one hundred miles mostly motorway, ride a lot smoother than ep3, less intrusion of road noise into the cab, all round a lot more sophisticated and a lot easier to live with for day to day use. Seats better and controls are in a different league. Build quality brilliant as usual with Honda. Haven't had a chance to push it into any corners yet will leave that for another report. Will definitely be looking at raising the headlamps, this was an issue with the ep3. Having tints fitted this week, I will post some pictures when weather improves.

Most important she looks absolutely fabulous !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:D:D:D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts