2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a 58 plate ES model 5 door civic as a company car. It has leather seating fitted. Looks like I am about to change jobs and will probably go for a similar spec civic again as a company car in the new job. I really like the car and value wise I can't see past it. However, the models have changed since I got my car and the current ES model does not appear to have the option of leather seats any more with them only coming in with the EX-GT. Can anyone confirm if this is correct? I have searched the wiki and can't get the Honda website to load properly.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
I cant see why leather interior would not come as an optional extra?? this would probably cost about 2k though lol

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
According to the brochure it's not even an optional extra either :(

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah that's what Ive found out also. I guess I will have to go without leather seats. :(

·
Premium Member
789 Posts

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is pretty cool! However I doubt if they would allow it. :(

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
That is pretty cool! However I doubt if they would allow it. :(
Why would they not ? - it's just a cosmetic thing - keep the original seat covers etc. - refit them when the car's lease time is up, and sell or reuse the leather ! ...

·
Innuendo Queen
1,706 Posts
What about half cloth / half leather seats as a compromise? I haven't checked the specs but this must be possible, surely?

·
Administrator
20,959 Posts
Shame you can't have the 2 cars and a toolkit for a day :popcorn2:

The latest seat fabric is far better than the original velvetty stuff on the pre 09 cars. Far more durable and looks better.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks. I will need to check that out. I've been a bit spoilt as I have had two civics on the trot now with then leather seats and really like them. The heated seat is a god send for a sore back and I do a pretty high mileage and find them really comfy. I'm going to the dealers in a few days to see the options.

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
the options (in th uk market) are as follows;

Leather seats in the EX/EX GT grade
Split leather/Cloth on the Si grade
Cloth on the rest of the range

Honda do not offer a leather option unless its a current special, such as the SE with leather last year.

Your only other option is for a company such as Transform (i've used them for customers cars previously and they offer an excellent service) to retro fit a leather interior.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks NH Dan. That's what I thought but wanted to make sure I hadn't misunderstood. Guess I will need to make a choice!

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
Thanks NH Dan. That's what I thought but wanted to make sure I hadn't misunderstood. Guess I will need to make a choice!
Not only are the [TL] seat covers and door cards better quality than the OEM leather - as an option, I believe it's at least no more expensive than that which Honda offer ...

There is NO-ONE in her, who has used [TL], who has (to my knowledge) had a single complaint about quality ...

About £ 1,000 fitted - and you can specify ANY mix of colours \ finishes you like, all for the same price - custom work for free ! ...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts