2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Car in the body shop getting the type R kit fitted and painted.

Guessing I would have to declare this to my insurance company?

And would this usually increase it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
18,083 Posts
Yes, it's recommended to notify your insurance.

Premium increases will depend on your insurer. Adrian Flux didn't bump up my premium ;)

·
Vendor
382 Posts
Only your insurer can comment on what the premium effect will be, as everyone treats adaptations/upgrades differently. If you want a definitive answer tell them and let them advise you if and what the cost might be.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Took me 6 months to get the bits from this site and eBay. My car is 'bluish silver' so no hope in getting the parts in this colour.

Think the parts cost around £500 and the body shop is charging £400 to fixed any scuffs/broken clips etc, paint and fit (and also to paint the front bumper as several stone chips)

Did get a quote for £250 but this was not prepping or fitting

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Milano red is fairly popular so should be okay.

I was planning on fitting myself as well. Looks quiet easy and doable in 3-4hrs but as he done me a fairly good deal I thought I'll let him do it to save me a bit of time. Fingers crossed it is going ok and hope to get the car back Friday.

I did mention the side skirts leave a gap and left it up to him to fit as they were or to build the sides out with fibreglass to a nice fit.

·
Administrator
18,083 Posts
Fitting is easy, the waiting needs patience. Mine also took many months to compile all the bits.

It ain't a cheap mod but it's well worth it.

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Good luck post. Pic for us to see when you get it back.
I don't mind waiting for the parts. I can only afford one bit a month anyway so I've already accepted it will take some time. I have acquired splitters for a good price but that's the easy but. Arches and skirts I imagine are a lot harder to come by.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I snapped up the triangles for £50 I think on here.

Still need the drivers side reflector though

1 - 15 of 15 Posts