2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Yorkshire Jedi
373 Posts
:worms: My FN2.....(stay with me)

When I was 16 I wanted a Williams Clio ( damn good car (**** gear box) ) when I hit 18-21 I fell in love with the R34 Skyline and to this day that is still my 'wish' car.

However I have always had a love for the CTR and when my local stealer ( still waiting for my T-shirt) called me in for a test drive on a 57 plate with 15k I went for it !

Best thing I ever did....

I know it's no supercar ! but hey, I have to drive to work in it every day, and each and every day it makes me happy.

Then on the weekend it makes lots of ******* very unhappy :)

That's why I love 8500rpm

·
regrets his username
7,981 Posts
Im with you on that, had mine 9mths and like you i use it to go to work and back and i still love getting in it, i love it when cars are up your arse trying to push you and you just let it rip and take bends with no movement whatsoever yet they still try it on and you can see them trying to take bends like you but end up way too wide and they then realise they cant keep up, i spend most of my time driving it normal though as i enjoy it that much and for the first time with a car i don't mind spending money on it they have their problems but no matter how big or small you still love it, i've just blew £140 on cleaning products but to me worth every penny.

·
Yorkshire Jedi
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:) yep same here just got paid and blew 100 quid on 'nice things for my car' lmao. pic to follow...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Same here. Had mine 2 years and i still look back at it now and then after parking it.

It has its foibles, but right now there is little i would have over it.

·
Jedi Knight
610 Posts
We love civics that much in our house that we got 2 :)

·
Registered
108 Posts
You know you're in the right car when you gaze back to admire her after a drive; I do that almost every time! There aren't many cars out there at the moment that I'd consider changing to...apart from an Integra Type R - saw one last weekend in Edinburgh parked up - looked stunning!

Used to like the idea of owning a SEAT Leon Cupra, but they are plain ugly compared to my FN2...that's saying nothing about the plastic interior - their dashboards are horrible!

VW Golfs are plain boring and Renault Megane RS250s, whilst brilliant to drive no doubt, are Renaults and that means they'll break down repeatedly...had a Renault Clio back in 2004/5 and it was nothing but trouble. I love France, the food, the wine, the language, but I cannot bring myself to love her cars!

Plus, aren't new cars so expensive these days? Even the 9th Gen Honda's are charging c. £17K for the 1.4 petrol model? That's mental money for a base model - not much difference to what I paid for my FN2 back in 2009...:confused:

·
regrets his username
7,981 Posts
Even my family have had enough of me going on about it, I spend more time cleaning the car than I do cleaning the house my sister went swimming the other day and a woman said is that your brother with the nice car :D my sister had to tell her not to say that as my head will get bigger. Now I'm off on ebay to get some mudflaps just need an excuse for a parcel being delivered;)

·
Premium Member
851 Posts
Even my family have had enough of me going on about it, I spend more time cleaning the car than I do cleaning the house my sister went swimming the other day and a woman said is that your brother with the nice car :D my sister had to tell her not to say that as my head will get bigger. Now I'm off on ebay to get some mudflaps just need an excuse for a parcel being delivered;)
:laugh: I once had 4 compliments in one day about the looks of my FN2 :D One of them was from a female police officer too, who had just pulled me over :laugh:

Sometimes I have a bad day and get out the car and away from it's rattly interior, then go straight on Auto Trader to look at a new car, and it's then that I realise there's nothing else I'd rather own that's within what I'd consider my budget.

Dweezle, I have a set of mudflaps that I taken off the car on Wednesday, they were only on there for about 6 weeks. A present from the girlfriend but I didn't really like how they looked in the end. I can give you more information and put a for sale thread up if you'd like?

·
Premium Member
2,410 Posts
Sometimes I have a bad day and get out the car and away from it's rattly interior, then go straight on Auto Trader to look at a new car, and it's then that I realise there's nothing else I'd rather own that's within what I'd consider my budget.
I thought you were describing me just there :D

I have exactly the same days sometimes.

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
I usually get bored of cars fairly quickly. Before the civic I hadn't had a car more than a year. About 7 cars in 5 years. It would usually go and test drive something out of curiosity one day then I over the next couple of weeks I would test drive quite a few cars and would have bought a new one within a month. I have now had my civic 3 years and gone looking at cars about 4 times and have driven the following.
BMW 335d
BMW M3 V8
Audi RS4
Ford Focus RS( new one)
Alfa Romeo Guilietta Cloverleaf
VW Golf R
VW Scirocco R

There is prob more that I can't think

None of them have tempted me out of the civic for various reasons, boring interiors, boring to drive, don't feel like they are worth the money they are for sale at.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I usually get bored of cars fairly quickly. Before the civic I hadn't had a car more than a year. About 7 cars in 5 years. It would usually go and test drive something out of curiosity one day then I over the next couple of weeks I would test drive quite a few cars and would have bought a new one within a month. I have now had my civic 3 years and gone looking at cars about 4 times and have driven the following.
BMW 335d
BMW M3 V8
Audi RS4
Ford Focus RS( new one)
Alfa Romeo Guilietta Cloverleaf
VW Golf R
VW Scirocco R

There is prob more that I can't think

None of them have tempted me out of the civic for various reasons, boring interiors, boring to drive, don't feel like they are worth the money they are for sale at.
So what your saying is you have to keep the civic because you cant afford the M3, RS4, Golf R etc?

I dont get it?

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
So what your saying is you have to keep the civic because you cant afford the M3, RS4, Golf R etc?

I dont get it?
I wouldn't have looked at them if i couldn't afford them.

They didn't feel like they were worth the money as some of them would have meant that i had to change my lifestyle to afford, had irritating features and in the case of the M3 i would prob have lost my license.

My real point is that i usually change my car quite frequently but haven't anything good enough to tempt me out the civic.

·
regrets his username
7,981 Posts
My mate had an m3 owned it for about 3mths nothing but problems sold it got himself an fn2 and he's never looked back reckons it's one of the best cars he's ever owned apart from his capri and cosworth

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
Just think in 10 years when most of the FN2's are either written off or rusted through if you have a sorted one it will sort of become a classic. Here's hoping.

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Just think in 10 years when most of the FN2's are either written off or rusted through if you have a sorted one it will sort of become a classic. Here's hoping.
Not in ten years it won't!!

Just look at the EP3, still a cracking car but there are a lot of scrappers about now they are priced in the realms of the Shitroen Saxo brigade. Certainly not a classic...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts