2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

1st post from me, have been lurking on the board for a while now after deciding on my new purchase (2.2 i-ctdi sport) and finally picked it up yesterday.

I've been enjoying the car so far but with one niggle - it didn't come with an owners manual or radio manual. I've ordered a manual from ebay (does it include radio instructions in it too?) but until it arrives i've got a (hopefully not stupid) question:

As soon as I hit 50mph a warning goes off on the dash with a symbol that looks like a rev counter with a '1' marked on it accompanied by the text '50mph'.

Errr, what does that mean and how can I turn it off? :confused: I've searched the forum but couldn't find any reference to it.

Aside from that I'm loving the car and enjoying the return to a diesel (used to have a Fabia vRS in the past) and am hoping it will prove more economical, cheaper to run, cheaper to tax and cheaper to service than the Audi TT it has replaced!

Thanks in advance!

·
Bye Bye Type R
1,198 Posts
You need to access the menu via one of the controls on the steering wheel, but i cant remember which one, once in the menu you can scroll around and find the correct one and turn it off or to a speed you want it set to.
I can go get my manual out if it helps

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Cycle through the menu until you see the same symbol. I think you hold the button down which brings up a sub menu. Mine was the same with the 30mph warning.

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
when stationary, press and hold the 'i' symbol.
this will open the menu and its in there under speed warnings i think.
really annoying having that set!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks very much for all the replies.

I'll go and sit in the car in a bit and play around with it and report back!

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Didn't know/forgot all about this function!
I only found it when messing around. I had it turned on for a short journey as a novelty. It was the longest journey ever trying to get home so I could turn it off! With the massive speed display I don't see the point?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks again for the info

Managed to turn it off no problem, held down the 'i' button went into the menu and disabled it.

No more annoying beep when I hit 50mph now! :D

Cheers

Steve

1 - 12 of 12 Posts