2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many are aware we are currently developing our next generation of Turbo kits. Difference is for people wanting to track their cars or run higher power levels where the charge cooler setup we have been doing starts to struggle so would need to be considerably bigger and have more water volume but unfortunately space doesn't allow for this so we have switched to a front mount intercooler setup similar to that being used by Richard on the big powered Rotrex cars now.

We have taken the base intercooler setup and modified it to our requirements and also switched turbo supplier to a custom billet Borg Warner made to our specifications.

This particular build we are targeting 600bhp and we are very close to achieving our goal.

The same turbo we already have running on Scotts EP3 and is hitting 675 so we know it can flow enough but with the FN2 setup the manifolds slightly more restrictive so 600 is about what we are expecting.

The motor is fully forged and to the same specification we have been building the drag spec motors with full Cosworth internals and Supertech valvetrain with Inconel valves. We are also running stock cams which have been ideal for the turbo applications but we have potential to swap them later.

The transmission is stock so we know is potentially the weak point but we are running a Wavetrac LSD, Competition Clutch Stage 4 unit and DSS axels.

We have also pushed the fuel system as far as we can now to find the limits and that's where we are now. Just waiting on some parts to arrive from America then we can hook up the full return system and up the pressure to max the setup out.

Where we are today is 560bhp and 380ftlb at 22psi.

Quick video of it here on the dyno. Enjoy. ;)

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Single T3.
Exhaust housings probably a little on the large side but curve is about where we want it compared to the smaller Precisions that gave more midrange.

·
Go Hard or Go Home!
2,063 Posts
OOOSH! Kit available for the DC5 by any chance? ;)

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
How much do you reckon I'll get for my intercooled Rotrex set up? :lol:

How much do you want for it? What BHP are running.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
851 Posts
How much do you want for it? What BHP are running.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
Sorry mate, I wasn't being serious :) I have 360 peak and plenty of mid range, but it's more than enough for me, so no turbo conversion panned.

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
can a 1.8 handle this set up ? :p

·
Registered
249 Posts
:perfect10:

:eek:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts