2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

59 Plate

2K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  phil99 
#1 ·
Hi guys only hopefully 7 days to go till i get my Type R GT. I have a copy of the New car checklist but would like to know if there are any other problems or things to look out for before I sign away. Im also getting parking sensors (free including fitting), interior and exterior protection, GAP and thinking about the service package. Ordered the car last week and cant wait, trading my 206 xsi in for this. I also own a 07 plate ZX6R and will post pics of both as soon as my car arrives

#2 ·
Tip:

Hold off buying the servicing deal until you are sure the cars a goodun

We have had reports here that the package is not transferable and if you need to reject your car you lose the payment.

You can still get the package up to 8 months from purchase.

#3 ·
Stupid question, does the type R key have the red honda badge or the same as every other car. hopefully 7 days to go, seems like a lifetime away. Im just a little excited :VroumVroum02:

#11 ·
Stupid question, does the type R key have the red honda badge or the same as every other car. hopefully 7 days to go, seems like a lifetime away. Im just a little excited :VroumVroum02:
As Andy pointed out - it's just a regular key that you'll receive with your Type-R.. but here's the part number for the JDM Red 'H'-backed key if you are after it.

Part Number: 35114-36M-Q11

It'll cost you about £12-£13 each, but I'm sure you'll agree it's worth it - makes you feel all special :D Just take that part number to your 'Honda Parts department' and it should take a day or two to come.

Order it before hand and you can collect it with the actual keys to your new car :D

I ordered my Red 'H' key from a different garage to the one I bought my car from, so when I recently took my car back for warranty work - none of the guys had seen the Red-backed Key, and asked where I had got it from. :razz: :special:

#7 ·
I went for the Milano red, got Gap insurance and the glass coat for £400, i also got free parkng sensors and free mats, just hope i didnt get any points tonight from motorbike ride out

#12 ·
Thanks guys i cant wait

TypeRiter i tried that part number and they didnt reconise it, i wanted to get one for my key but not the wife's, i also think thye make it that litle bit more special

#15 ·
Trust me it is a part number - I have the Red H key, and so does the person I got the part number off of. Try phoning Chiswick Honda, and ask them for their parts team - you'll have to ask them to post the part to you - but I can assure you that this is a part that can be had from Honda.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.