2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I purchased a very lovely '59 plate Type-R about a month ago now, this is the '09 model with the USB/AUX/12v power in the arm rest, among a few other goodies.

It's getting to the point now where I'm starting to look more properly into replacing the radio with a double-din sat nav. The unit I'm going for is the Sony XNV-77BT and I'll be buying the kit from Impulse to hook it all up.

The problem I'm facing is the USB/AUX armrest connectors. Am I going to lose the functionality of these if I put in a double-din unit? I've tried searching around but not had much look, hoping someone can help me out!

Cheers

·
Type S GT Driver, LOVE IT
384 Posts
Does the unit come with double din fascia? I was looking at fitting a double din I had in my old car, spoke to some guys who would fit it and the price for the fascia at cost was £148.53 or something very similar. Not a cheap piece of plastic :(

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does the unit come with double din fascia? I was looking at fitting a double din I had in my old car, spoke to some guys who would fit it and the price for the fascia at cost was £148.53 or something very similar. Not a cheap piece of plastic :(
The Impulse kit includes it [smilie=gt-happyup.:

[URL]http://www.civinfo.com/forum/ipods-mp3-players-ice/52395-impulsecar-double-din-kit.html[/URL]

HONDA CIVIC FN2 RHD DOUBLE DIN FASCIA KIT CONVERSION on eBay (end time 31-Mar-11 15:01:12 BST)

GENUINE CIVIC RIGHT HAND DRIVE (RHD) DASH PANEL

(LEFT HAND DRIVE AVAILABLE-STEERING WHEEL ON LEFT)

103mm CAGE KIT

IMPULSE STEERING WHEEL CONTROL (SWRC) INTERFACE

INTERFACE RADIO PATCH LEAD *

Not sure how much it is on its own but I'd be getting the Impulse kit for sure.

·
Registered
171 Posts
The fascia is the cheap bi it's the box of tricks that comes with it that is the expensive bit. And you can't run an aftermarket HU without it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts