2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was having a lot of problems with my Nokia 6230 (6230i) phone being unable to "transfer" calls to the Honda HFT.

The phone & car would be paired, and the little telephone icon would be displayed, and I could receive calls fine using the HFT. But I had the following problem;

I'd make a call on the handset, press the voice dial button and say "transfer" and then the little telephone icon would drop out and the lady would say "no phones found". Highly annoying.

I just got Carphone Warehouse to update the firmware on the phone to the latest (v3.89) and it now works perfectly. Albeit with a slight delay to transfer the voice over.

Just thought I'd post this in case someone else is searching for an answer.

By the way, hondahandsfree.com sucks. :(

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just a friendly warning to anyone who might be tempted to upgrade their phones firmware.

I was having problems with the HFT and my Nokia 6600. According to Honda's list the 6600 should work with the HFT. I contacted Nokia and found out that my firmware was some way out of date. I went to my nearest approved Nokia service center who said they could upgrade to the latest version of firmware in less than an hour.

I left my phone with them and on returning was told that they had fried the phone. The handset would no longer power on. I was told that occasionally this does happen and that there was nothing they could do.

Im sure this doesn’t happen very often, but I just thought I would share my experiences.

Tristo

·
Administrator
20,945 Posts
I've got a 6230i but I've currently only used it to make calls via HFT - without problem.

Ta for the info :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts