2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Just over a week in to my ownership and this economy has exceeded my expectations :)

Though when I filled up the hand calculation says this was nearer to 56mpg. A 10% difference is a little disappointing, as previous cars have been less than 5% optimistic.

But nevertheless I very happy with the car so far :) Long may it continue

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
I have the derv and get nowhere near this!!!
Good stuff!

How on earth do you manage it ;)

·
Wife & Civics to support
235 Posts
Dont believe all you read on the display read out. After filling up my read out says 70mpg if driven carefully for the 1st mile or so. When new, the car used to read consistantly around 44mpg nothing has changed barring getting 4 years older and the average mpg on the read out is now only 37. keep using a calculator to keep tabs on your actual mpg. [smilie=gt-happyup.:

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
Judging on the Tank level it looks about right at 50+ mpgs with distance driven and assuming it was full before, mines normally about half on the dot after 230 miles (mix of motorway and town) at about 45mpg....

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
Talk about rubbing some salt into my open wallet wound!!!
Great work in fairness, I dont know how you do it....
Most I have ever had is 55mpg on a long motorway run!

Wonder if all this BG244 (or something ???) will help my MPG come back up towards Honda figures....

·
Registered
425 Posts
My record was 78mpg but that was for the 2 miles downhill from the garage to home!

I get about 50 easily enough commuting to work. If I pop into town on the weekend though it can rapidly drop!

·
Helpee
126 Posts
You must have drove down a 230 mile hill to get that at -2!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.