2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally everything's come together and we have maxed out the current turbo setup on regular pump fuel and achieved just over 650bhp. The target being 600.

Its about 25bhp less than we made with Scott's EP3 recently running the same turbo but on one of our sidewinder manifolds so we knew it would always be close. Both cars were running 24psi.

I don't think we can get any more unless running race fuel and the design of our manifold has really become restrictive now at this level.

Car is now being "de-tuned" for reliability and drivability as the transmission wouldn't last very long at this level so we will be running selectable boost levels with 400/450 and 500bhp.

It's one of our front mount intercooler kits with a custom Borg Warner billet turbo, fully forged Cosworth motor with Supertech valvetrain, Competition Clutch, Wavetrac LSD, DSS Axels, Stoptech big brake kit and all your regular suspension upgrades.

Very happy and bar has once again been raised. :cool:

·
#darkside
2,238 Posts
That's epic!

Dezi getting an upgrade now lol?

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hahaha.
Its all pointless but epic none the less and the reality is my NA car would still be quicker round a track than any of the big boosted cars. ;)

(Unless its something like Bruntingthorpe with a 2 mile straight that is! :lol:

·
#darkside
2,238 Posts
Hahaha.
Its all pointless but epic none the less and the reality is my NA car would still be quicker round a track than any of the big boosted cars. ;)

(Unless its something like Bruntingthorpe with a 2 mile straight that is! :lol:
Im sure if you gutted that car and set it up in a similar manner to the time attack car it would still be one hell of a fast car around track.

You going to fire a shopping list up of exactly what is on the car parts wise? I wouldnt mind having a look over it :)

(a little info on the suspension upgrades and if any weight loss has been implemented more so than anything)

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
Finally everything's come together and we have maxed out the current turbo setup on regular pump fuel and achieved just over 650bhp. The target being 600.

Its about 25bhp less than we made with Scott's EP3 recently running the same turbo but on one of our sidewinder manifolds so we knew it would always be close. Both cars were running 24psi.

I don't think we can get any more unless running race fuel and the design of our manifold has really become restrictive now at this level. :cool:
At 2.4bar, the addition of 10% methanol (+ some ignition advance) would probably net you another 40-50bhp :D

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
can we see the engine bay please, sounds mental!

·
Premium Member
747 Posts
Absolutely crackers! It would probably find the limiter in 6th pretty sharpish!

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
Wow. That's all that I can say. Thing is what do you guys do with these cars, I mean surely they're a pig on the road aren't they?

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow. That's all that I can say. Thing is what do you guys do with these cars, I mean surely they're a pig on the road aren't they?
No reason they would be a "pig" as you say. Off boost they drive like a modified standard car, just when you put your foot down they are off.

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
Im sure if you gutted that car and set it up in a similar manner to the time attack car it would still be one hell of a fast car around track.

You going to fire a shopping list up of exactly what is on the car parts wise? I wouldnt mind having a look over it :)

(a little info on the suspension upgrades and if any weight loss has been implemented more so than anything)
Unlikely. What makes a quick track car is being able to carry speed and balance the throttle. That is very tricky in a big boosted car with the power coming in and out all the time. Either you end up off boost or trying to balance the car with 2 bar in the corner!

It turns into a wait, wait, wait, wait at the corners - then WOOSH down the straight. The other issue you have is the huge closing speeds mean a massive job for the brakes. I think a general rule is for a track car, you need relatively low boost, and good compression to avoid the on/off boost nature.

There are always exceptions - my GTR with 650bhp does a rather good job of putting it down!

If you set this car up at 400/400 it would be impressive anywhere. More than that is just for the strip!

·
#darkside
2,238 Posts
1 - 20 of 34 Posts