2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have just driven from Derby to north Surrey. I normally get 55mpg on this run. Today I stuck to dead on 70 on the motorways and tried to drive as smoothly as possible and I got 67.5 mpg over the whole trip (140 miles). This included about 20 miles of back roads.

Trouble is I was very bored doing it.

edit: The air con was off

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Nah, his red button fires a grappling hook out the front and attaches to lorries for a free tow ;)

·
Registered
975 Posts
i wonder if anyone will beat this

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Cant beat it yet but will try - just done return trip from Southampton to Peterborough 340 miles total using cruise control at 70 mph on motorway and trunk roads and careful driving in foot mode on 25 miles of the north circular stop/start driving, returned 62.5 av mpg - but as you said pretty boring! but exceptional returns can be achieved and I beleive, improved upon as she loosens up (4000 mile on the clock).

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
240 mile round trip to Manchester and back tomorrow for me, will be it's longest journey so far, not aiming to go for any records, just enjoy cruising at 75 I imagine :)

·
Registered
178 Posts
ha ha!! tomthumb got

only kidding ;) I once had my (old model) civic reading 84.5mpg, after just resetting and a bit of a coast

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thats good I looked at it in max zoom in paint shop and it looks real!

If I could do it that neatly I would claim 96 mpg but I am not that good at graphics :lol:

·
..with Superchips please!
336 Posts
Paint Shop Pro is a much underated program - I've used it since it was a shareware program (yonks ago!)

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have PSP 8 and it's a cracking tool, once you learn how to use it :roll:

Been using PSP since v4, not quite as long as Trekker (I'm not THAT old;))

·
..with Superchips please!
336 Posts
After all those years of using PSP I'm now desperately trying to get my head round Photoshop CS - there's a saying about old dogs and new tricks isn't there?? :)

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Fedorov said:
240 mile round trip to Manchester and back tomorrow for me, will be it's longest journey so far, not aiming to go for any records, just enjoy cruising at 75 I imagine :)
Back from my trip, cruised at 70mph most of the way there and the whole way back, now averaging 57mg :) New personal high score!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts