2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We have a 70mm diameter intake pipe under test at the moment.
Idea is to be straight fit for people running stock or Mugen airbox's with bigger throttle bodies.

Car feels bit more "peaky" now but need to get some time to stick it on the dyno.

Better picture coming shortly ;)

Supplied with Samco hose and clips price is going to be around £125+vat
Looking to supply them brush Ali, painted or powder coated. :cool:

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
Sounds good. Will be interested in this. Will it also fit the tegiwa airbox?

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Wish you posted this a week ago, getting the HKS premium kit fitted this evening to resolved this very problem! my stock intake pipe split within two weeks of having the TODA TB fitted.

Is that stainless steel or aluminium?

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's aluminium tube. Stainless would look shiny but be pretty heavy.
Sorry it's taken so long but sometimes development has to take a backseat to customers ;)

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
It's aluminium tube. Stainless would look shiny but be pretty heavy.
Sorry it's taken so long but sometimes development has to take a backseat to customers ;)
No need to apologise Paul, I needed a quick fix so jumped into the first available solution.

Makes sense being aluminium.

Mark sent me down to Reverie to get costs for a similiar solution to this only in carbon fibre. costs were mad unless a large quantity was ordered due to tooling costs.

70mm, thats quite a lot bigger than the HKS pipe isnt it? Hope it fits ok tonight.

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah is big but wanted something to fit onto the FD2 bodies and the Skunk2 big ones a well. Should be ideal.
This is just our test one we mocked up yesterday. Production ones will be even better.

Learnt few new swear words while Lou and Ged were making it a well. Apparently ali is pretty hard to weld! :lol:

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Yeah is big but wanted something to fit onto the FD2 bodies and the Skunk2 big ones a well. Should be ideal.
This is just our test one we mocked up yesterday. Production ones will be even better.

Learnt few new swear words while Lou and Ged were making it a well. Apparently ali is pretty hard to weld! :lol:
The reason why I asked if it was stainless steel was the quality of the welding, its really good.

In fact I'd say thats probably the best custom welding of ali I've ever seen.

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
Any pics?

I take it if you were running custom tune you would need tweaked after this as the MAF scaling would be out or is it ok. Also how would this affect a MAP tune

Stephen

PS keep up the new products guys

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Owls121 depend which tb you want to go for... Think you need to change something in your map so it ain't jerky/jumpy

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
cheers higham, so if i was to get flashpro alongside a TB it would work?

Around sept oct i have some free money to spend on car, aprox £5,000, so at the minute im looking to see what i would benwfit from most,

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
I believe the throttle plate map needs tweaked, of course if your TB is FD2 sized a simple copy/paste of its table works :)

·
Registered
997 Posts
I am very interested. I was going to buy the Samco intake pipe... I think that I should wait some time to see what gains could you get with this 70mm pipe. :)

What about a Zircotec treated intake pipe? Should it work to avoid the aluminium pipe get so hot? Will you offer this option?

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
No need to apologise Paul, I needed a quick fix so jumped into the first available solution.

Makes sense being aluminium.

Mark sent me down to Reverie to get costs for a similiar solution to this only in carbon fibre. costs were mad unless a large quantity was ordered due to tooling costs.

70mm, thats quite a lot bigger than the HKS pipe isnt it? Hope it fits ok tonight.
Hks pipe fitted fine. Well pleased

Reactions: Loxy

·
Premium Member
6,733 Posts

·
Mugenised C/W
936 Posts
Any idea when this will be ready guys as I need to sort a fix for the std pipe splitting?

Cheers

Andy

1 - 20 of 25 Posts