2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

At 70k, booked in for a full service with valve check. Looking at a few things being done at the same time along with suspension being sorted.

Looking to get a full brake flush and fluid change, worth considering getting the lines upgraded whilst being done?

Haven't found anything recently onj here about the quality of the various lines available. Car is my daily and I do find the brakes lacking. Looking at options to upgrade the fronts at some point and wondering if changing the lines would be a useful start to save time and money in the future if I go for a BBK or even just get new disks and decent pads.

Thanks!

·
Administrator
18,084 Posts
New pads (and disks) will make more of an improvement, especially if you opt for a softer compound.

The downside will be shorter pad life and more dust.

·
Earth Dreams :)
927 Posts
Depends on what your brake lines look like today.... I assume you mean the flexible hoses that feed the brake caliper piston when you are thinking with replacing with braided hoses.
Brake pad/disc choice also depends on how you drive, driving style. I found that the EBC greenpad to be good for a daily commute, good low temp characteristic in terms of brake bite and little brake dust. But if you are a heavy on the brakes kinda guy, then these are not for you.. most brake lines these days are protected by under cover trays, protect them from the crud/salt from the roads. Only where it pops out into wheel arches to caliper is there a danger of corrosion..
Change of brake fluid is a defo, to fall in line with service recommendations made by Honda. I do hear of horror stories though where the bleed process is a nightmare, esp through the ABS block..

Reactions: stimcity

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I'm sure they'll check her out well when they service her and fit the coilies.

Unlike others, I'm not adverse to EBC and recently put them (disks & red stuff) on the back as needed & could get locally in a hurry - but I can actually feel the backs bite now compared to the front (will likely change although lots of life left in them).

I'll definitely have it the fluids sorted though - I'd much rather pay a trusted source than do myself - I don't mind changing calipers - but thought of the whole system phases me. Given they wouldn't fix the roof - I'm rather sulky about the Honda warranty! If hel lines would be better I'd have asked to be done at the same time, maybe I'll just see how they are now - the rears were fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts