2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys. Thought id post up my issue that i am having with the car.
Right so long story short my younger brother wanted to experience the type r hype as he is planning on getting one. So we went out in it on a private road for him to see what it is all like, and yes it was going good till i looked over and saw that the high revs were maxing out at 7900 revs.
So vtec was or is only in play for 2000ish revs, so yes im only loosing say 350 for the redline, but still its buggering the hell out me.
Ive had the diagnostic machine on the car friday night, all it came up with was my eld.
So heres the list on what im thinking and what ive done with ticks.
1: vtec solenoid gasket been replaced the sieve did fail. ??
2: ELD. ??
3: spark plugs been replaced, whilst doing this i noticed one plug was covered in oil, so maybe the spark wasnt going through and causing it to run bad, ie misfire, running lumpy, and all that. ??
4: another vtec solenoid complete unit.
5: unplugged as many sensors and pushed all back in incase there was one not secure.
6: check earths and that. ??
7: fueling, now i wouldve thought that if that was the case id notice it more than just starving at the high end could be wrong all ive done is put injector cleaner through it.

Is there anything else you’d suggest or anything?

Thanks

Ash

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does it have a cat ? Is the air filter clean does it drive fine apart from the low revs ? Does it limit at 7900 as if it’s red lining or just stop reving ?
I knew i forgot to put down that im running a 3” injen induction kit second hand so maybe the filter is clogged up and needs a clean but on the save side ill replace it.
Manifold is standard mated to a superstreet n1 system HOWEVER i had a garage fit it i was unable to get underneath the car and smash the bolts off plus it was snowing, i noticed the cat and b pipe was sitting low to the ground and does scrape on certain heights of bumps, looked underneath to find that the system has been straight welded to the manifold. So there is a possibility i couldve damaged the cat/ or flexi, so replacing it would mean i need to replace the system too. I wasnt aware that it was welded till the other week.
It goes through the rev range fine well now anyway, before the plugs, and vtec gasket eld if that had any part it wasnt as umphy, (if thats how it is spelt) like 1st and 2nd gear needed to be revved out compared to it being in say 3rd-4th being sluggish.
But now it does feel more responsive, will find out in about 30 mins if i have actually cured it but if not im lost

·
Enjoying life
8,565 Posts
Defo check the filter. Might be worth getting a sock for it, I bought one for the injen I had on my Fn2 and it kept the filter clean from spray muck

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The exhaust is welded to the manifold , sounds to me you like have a resisting squashed exhaust or as above your filter is crap .
Yes thats correct mate, god know why ive plugged the car in again and now its decided to throw up p0420 although its in the pending codes.
So now that means new manifold and new b pipe as well as a new fuel pump.

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
Could also be the catalyst or O2 sensors. Might be best to take it to a good garage and get a diagnosis as it probably wants emission testing to determine if there is a cat / o2 fault or it's purely an issue with high rev air flow.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Could also be the catalyst or O2 sensors. Might be best to take it to a good garage and get a diagnosis as it probably wants emission testing to determine if there is a cat / o2 fault or it's purely an issue with high rev air flow.
Im going to see if i can get into my mates garage tomorrow and see what its saying.

The filter
I am still needing to check this ran out of time today, also noticed that the kit i habe isnt the the injen 3” one its a copy and noticed that the air flow sensor is just sitting in the intake pipe which im thinking may mot be giving the correct air reading too maybe.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Soo now the card is throwing up p1259, now this is a joke as ive already replaced the gasket on it and all seemed fine, im assuming i need to replace the whole unit.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So ive now fitted a new solenoid and no joy still maxing out at 7900, annoying as its not bouncing or anything just holding there. Not sure what i need to do now,

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Right so i have fitted a new eld, and it is still flagging up even once its been wiped clear, im looking into maybe i have issues with my grounds as i only have the gearbox one on, may have to make some up.
Cant think what else it can be

1 - 20 of 20 Posts