2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all

I own a Civic Mk3 Sedan with the 1.3 engine.

I bought it a few months ago and now with the rain I have the trunk pretty wet.
I looked around and I didn't discover where it cames from.
Any ideas?

As you guys know rust arrives easily so I would like to know if someone had the same problem or if knows how to solve it.

Thanks.

:cool:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did that but it I had no conclusion.

Anyway, I didnt explain how the water apeears in the trunk.

It's something like this (Paint skills :D) :

·
Registered
40 Posts
If you haven't sorted this already, check rear lights from inside. Most hondas leak water in that way especially sedans, integras, ek and eg civics etc. You might not be able to see traces of a leak so use water hose and spray generously, water bucket can help too. They usually have some kind of gasket behind lights, if you cant source one you can build one yourself, it is easy enough. Some people have used hard cardboard if I remember correctly, something similar to shoe box cardboard but it was 1mm thick, not sure what its called.
I have used inside tire from a bicycle, had it cut lengthwise then built a gasket on a piece of cardboard previously marked in shape. That way I was able to build a new gasket from 4 pieces of tire, glued together. It was a a really neath job and worked a treat.

If lights aren't your problem next place to check would be boot lid seal up on top near rear window, corners. Maybe you need a new seal or boot lid adjustment. Another possibility, but very unlikely, would be your rear window seal has deteriorated. Again it would be corners that let water in which then runs down and pools in bottom corners till it goes behind window and runs down side walls/suspension turrets. New seal is the only solution but I doubt that is your problem here.

good luck

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
^^^ THis! I'd bet a tenner it's rear light seals leaking! Usually they have a PU foam seal aorung them that perishes with time. Take them off, clean them up and there-fit with sealant.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts