2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just fitted 19" Rages to my 8G so I'm guessing my space save is no good to me now ?

Will the space saver from my 8G fit the 9G as my auntie has a 9G but no space saver as standard ?

Cheers :)

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
SOLD to your Auntie ;)

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies guys :)

Just whilst I'm here what are my options when it comes to a spare with the rages on my 8G. Do I need to source another rage as a spare ??

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Well the problem with that is you can't carry a full size wheel in the boot cavity.

The rolling diameter of the spacesaver should be the same (as the rolling diameter of the 17", 18" and 19" wheel with the correct tyre on is near identical) and therefore you can continue to use it as a spare for yourself.

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well the problem with that is you can't carry a full size wheel in the boot cavity.

The rolling diameter of the spacesaver should be the same (as the rolling diameter of the 17", 18" and 19" wheel with the correct tyre on is near identical) and therefore you can continue to use it as a spare for yourself.
Cheers Syx, looks like my auntie gained a space saver and lost it again in only a matter of minutes :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
:roflmao:
Cheers Syx, looks like my auntie gained a space saver and lost it again in only a matter of minutes :lol:
:roflmao: Poor Auntie

·
Administrator
21,173 Posts
:confused: There is no jack either!!!!!!!!!
Correct

You need to do as I did and get the latest £190 kit with wheel, jack and tools (and stickers).

All in the name of weight reduction to save you a few bob at road tax time and to MPG compete with competitor vehicles.

Now correct me if I'm wrong but no matter whether you have 16", 17" or whatever size wheels the tyre depth compensates so the actual outer circumference is exactly the same on all wheels and also the spare?

If it wasn't then the speedo reading would be 'up the pictures' !

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
:confused: There is no jack either!!!!!!!!!
No jack in the 9G ?? God Honda get worse lol
In my 2012 Civic there's a jack, but no space-saver. I think they put it in there in case I'd like to see what the bottom of the car looks like.
I got a jack with my 9G:D

not got a cup holder!
RIGHT.

For one final time only....

2012 Model year 9th Gen Civics will have a jack and tool kit and no spare (unless the kit has been purchased). the chassis number will have the letters CU in it.

2013 Model year cars will have no tool kit nor jack nor spare wheel. These cars have the letters DU in the chassis number.

·
Registered
473 Posts
But........ I have specified a space saver with my civic, so will it also come with a jack and tools?

Car doesn't have a build date yet so definitely 2013 model year

·
Administrator
21,173 Posts
But........ I have specified a space saver with my civic, so will it also come with a jack and tools?

Car doesn't have a build date yet so definitely 2013 model year
If the dealer knows their business then they will order the spare with tools, mine did. £190.

I have a 62 plate MY12 Civic, and don't have a jack. Just the pump and foam.
I suspect it's been removed then. So the left hand jack/tools compartment is empty ?

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Ermm...ah. There appears to be a jack in that compartment I never knew existed.

I will now exit this thread with my head bowed and tail firmly between my legs. Apologies.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts