2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys

I'm thinking about changing my 08reg tango orange Type S for a 62 reg white orchid pearl ES. I went for a test drive this morning and really liked the car, it's an ex-demo model at my local dealer. The big difference I noticed was the smoothness in the ride, a huge improvement on my Type S but then I have been riding on 18" alloys for the last 5 years!

Just a couple of questions though, the quality of the screen of the imid was a bit disappointing, does anyone else find it difficult to read? It was set to blue on the test drive but when we got back to the garage I had a play about and found the red better. Bearing in mind the sunny conditions, is it better in lower light levels and which colour do other people think is best?

Also have there been an recall issues with the 2012 models that I need to make sure have been sorted on the car if I'm going to go ahead with it.

Any thoughts or tips would be appreciated :eek:

·
Premium Member
6,314 Posts
I've not had any issues with the imid display even when I have the light coming in from the glass roof Ive had a play with the different colours as well find that the blue is the best on all conditions try adjusting the brightness setting may help

As for recall non to my knowledge for the 9th gen

·
Premium Member
6,012 Posts
Yeah the ride quality really is a huge improvement, along with how quiet it is. :D

I find the blue setting on the imid looks great in all conditions, but I do think the red does look slightly sharper tho.

I'm not aware of any recalls on the car either, so should be fine. :D

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,259 Posts
My blue iMid is crystal clear. I wonder if the display was dimmed? I have mine set to one notch under max to allow the day/night feature to work.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Sorry to slightly hi-jack but where are there settings for day/night ? I loved that feature on my 8G but can't find it anywhere on the new car.

Or is it just a case of setting it with the lights off and again with the lights on ?

Thanks

Matt

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,259 Posts
Depends on model, mine is in the SatNav.

If you rotate the knob by the Econ button the dash will light/dim. If you have it on full brightness then it ignores the day/night feature. One notch under and it works OK.

Quite a few 9G owners don't realise that the black knob by the Econ button also gives access to the trip meters as well (and quite a few don't know it's there)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info. I checked the contrast by turning the knob next to the eco button and it was on full so maybe I need to knock it down a notch so the day/night feature works as suggested. I'll have a proper play when I pick the car up next weekend as I bit the bullet today and decided to go for it :eek:

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
No problems on imid from me either. Love the quality of the ride compared to the 8g so am sure you will enjoy from day 1! ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts