2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having read all the threads about getting music into the car, I opted for the following method as I always have my mobile on me and didn't want cables laying about and Ipods and the like

Bought a Parrot MK6100 (so that solves the Hands free issue) and ISO interface lead and after an hour of pulling the dash out, now have ***** loads of quality sounds streaming through bluetooth.

For those that don't know........
Bluetooth remote with Play/pause track forward/reverse/ Stop and full navigation via a rotary control
Super slim Oled display

So if I'm bored listening to Radio / CD, I press play on the remote and then navigate to my favourite playlist or just listen to the last track I was listening to on my N95.
The remote and screen slide of their mountings, so it's total stealth too.

Bought it from Xpansys all in for £130
Sound quality is good and it's a breeze to fit

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's more intuitive that the Sony E hcb 700 in my last car.
Text to speech is very good and means absolute no eyes off the road.
Voice control is accurate and the audio is first class with the built in 30 w 4ch digital amp.
There is a built in equaliser but I have used the one in my phone.
Best bit is Parrot offer bluetooth software updates, so it has a degree of future proofing built in.
Once paired it copies the phone entries into it's self which means if I have a passenger but forget my phone I still have access to my Nos.

·
You're or your..........
2,782 Posts
its so funny because my mate just bought one of these today and now i see another on here :D
good bit of kit [smilie=ebil-thumbu:

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
What is the quality honestly like via Bluetooth streaming? Does it use the socket for the CD Changer, so when you get a call do you have to change to CDC or does it automatically cut in?

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Having read all the threads about getting music into the car, I opted for the following method as I always have my mobile on me and didn't want cables laying about and Ipods and the like

Bought a Parrot MK6100 (so that solves the Hands free issue) and ISO interface lead and after an hour of pulling the dash out, now have ***** loads of quality sounds streaming through bluetooth.

For those that don't know........
Bluetooth remote with Play/pause track forward/reverse/ Stop and full navigation via a rotary control
Super slim Oled display

So if I'm bored listening to Radio / CD, I press play on the remote and then navigate to my favourite playlist or just listen to the last track I was listening to on my N95.
The remote and screen slide of their mountings, so it's total stealth too.

Bought it from Xpansys all in for £130
Sound quality is good and it's a breeze to fit
Hi Mate
I have one of these units from my previous car
just wondering
Did you have to cut the dash panel to get the wire down??
and how does that top panel come off?

Thanks

Chris

·
Registered
505 Posts
I can do the same thing with my iPod touch... with the controls on the iPod...and volume control on the steering wheel... or the usual playlists...
Sorry mate but I thought the N95 was a better phone than it actually is... my ex-girl had one and it was crashing all the time...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts