2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
My drivers headlight bulb has blown. I'm no stranger to annoying headlights but this one has me stumped.

I attempted it lastnight, took the washer filler off, removed the coolant resevoir from its mounts and made enough space to reach down and untwist the rear cover. The problem is, one of my brake lines (I think anyway, might be air con or steering... either way, a rigid metal line) is tight presses against the rear of the cover, leaving no room to remove it.

Looking at the how-to on here, I can see the same line, but it's about an inch further back... I've attached a pic of mine. There's no real room to flex it out of the way...

Any ideas? I really dont want to have to take a garage trip just to change a bulb, but i no longer have the space or the tools to pull the front of the car off...

Cheers.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that pipe isn't in that position in mine, someone may have un-clipped it and its floating about abit
It connects to a block just below the rear cover and barely flexes. With more space I could probably force it out of the way, but i'd be really sketchy about bending/kinking it...

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
that pipe should not be in that position as far as i can remember, this should be the easy side to swap the bulbs, the passenger side is the nightmare

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that pipe should not be in that position as far as i can remember, this should be the easy side to swap the bulbs, the passenger side is the nightmare
Do you happen to know what it is? If its for the air con i'll just administer some persuasion since it's ****ed anyway... If it is a brake line though, I guess I better get used to having one headlight...

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
Do you happen to know what it is? If its for the air con i'll just administer some persuasion since it's ****ed anyway... If it is a brake line though, I guess I better get used to having one headlight...

air con pipes are rubber EPDM hoses and are fairly easy to see. Thats a brake line and you do not want to be ****ing about with it in case it breaks. That also shouldn't be there!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts