2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Fair enough. Not sure how I missed that lol

Exactly the same problem as me, now nearly 20 and still got my 1.4 had it since 18 when I got it brand new, no point in me looking at 1.8 as its not a huge power gain and would be a waste for me IMO, tbh my insurance is 1.4k on the 1.4l engine. Hopefully will go down on my 3rd year no claims after Christmas!

Tempted to see if TDI could charge it somehow lol, be a 1st!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
1.4k Noway that's madness I won't tell you what I pay for my CTR but then I am 27 this year so it is a bit different lol.

·
Premium Member
2,812 Posts
The Civic is a brilliant car. The 1.8 is a high revving engine, 140hp and weighs just over 1.1 tonnes. It will be rapid in comparison to the Corsa and it is a lot quicker than other cars whilst being extremely reliable too.

·
Coffee isnt my cup of tea
1,590 Posts
Hey im new so bare with me but im just turning 20 and bought a 2008 2.2 type s gt 6 months ago so i know how you feel.

Mine has the upgraded dash with an ipod adaptor and satnav which are rare i searched for around 6 months looking for one and finally found one.

I was worried about getting a diesel because of the pick up but they do great MPG (48 average on mine) and they have got great pick up for a 140bhp car which kept up with my brother remapped audi A3 with 180 bhp (for a while anyway).

So personally id go for a 2.2 but maybe im biased ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi guys, i am looking to change my car soon and would like to know some information about the 8th Gen. I will be 19 and hopefully have 2 years no claims in about a months time (touch wood) and have been looking at the 2008 onwards 1.8 Civic Type S.

1. What is the difference between the 1.8 i-VTEC type s and the type s GT
2. Do they all come with a sat nav and cruise control built in
3. Can they be tuned easily
4. Any major issues or problems to look out for

Cheers for help in advance
No sat Nav or cruise in the 8th gen. 2007 model.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts