2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
I really dont know what they were thinking with that grill on the 8th gen. Looks terrible in my opinion.
From the two pictures above i prefer the 9th definitely - cant wait to see the type s/type r versions.

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
I almost hate myself for admitting it - but the 9G is growing on me, as long as it's from the front.

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
From the two pictures above i prefer the 9th definitely - cant wait to see the type s/type r versions.
There isn't going to be a Type S.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

·
Registered
227 Posts
There isn't going to be a Type S.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

I spoke to the body shop manager at my local honda dealership yesterday and he said there is going to be!
Either lying or there's something we dont know about.

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
I still can't get over how hideously ugly that rear is to me on the 9G. :(

·
Registered
227 Posts
I still can't get over how hideously ugly that rear is to me on the 9G. :(
Agreed mate, so dissapointing.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Looks like they forgot to design in the rear lights on the 9G and then just bolted something on afterwards !!

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
I'd agree with you on that - of the possible angles the rear is the one most lacking.

If I put my thumb over the light strip on the 9G, the rear looks fairly decent. I mean, I see what they're trying to do with it but it just ruins the entire look of the car altogether - IMO at least the 8G flows with the rest of the car in terms of the wraparound lighting.

In fact the more I look at it, I think I'd actually quite like the 9G rear if it didn't have the red brake light strip connecting the two sides together. But with it... you know it actually makes me think "Toyota" rather than "Honda".

·
Registered
227 Posts
Yes sack off the light strip + input Mugen Wing.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I don't like the facelift grill on the 8th gen :(

Overall, I prefer the 8th gen. The rear is what really lets the 9th gen down in my opinion.

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
Definitely the 9th gen.

The 8th gen has some nice styling touches which makes that gen unique but come on guys, lets move on ;)

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Nice, again.

Really crappy job in paint but you get the idea - it looks so much better without that middle strip.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 44 Posts