2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
What ya at
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Fitted the spare wheel kit from my 8th gen in my 10th gen.And apart from raising the floor a bit in the 1.5 sport, because of the Centre exhaust. It fits if your not bothered by the gap either side it’s fine. I priced the spare wheel kit and it’s nearly £200. This will get you out of a spot for awhile until you could afford the ridiculous price for the new kit. I reckon it will fit in non sport models without any floor issues, as it’s a deeper wheel well in that????
Pics included ignore the storage part in the middle this will be removed.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
I started a mini-thread on this earlier on.
I'm one of the 'I need a wheel' brigade as well - don't like the idea of once there's a puncture, fill with foam, then that's it.

Understood that with today's low profile, high performance tyres, a lot more is asked of them than previously, so perhaps manufacturers, apart from increased sales, are trying to discourage repairs to avoid the possibilities of poor ones ...

Mine will be coming with 'that extra', which I specified from the start - agreed the price seems extortionate considering 'new space savers' are £60-70 on Ebay ...

Al.

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
Nowell and myself picked up a full size alloy recently from Ebay recently. It's good to keep a lookout on what crops up.

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
Will a full size wheel fit into the normal (not Sport) wheel well?
Yes I believe Nowell has put his in there, I am sure he will be along soon to answer.

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
Yes I believe Nowell has put his in there, I am sure he will be along soon to answer.
Just spoke to Nowell, he has a full size alloy, it raises the boot floor by about 3 inch.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
I am looking at a 10G and have a space saver from 8G will they fit, I am going for the 1.0 SR so should have the space under the floor im just concerned about will the tyre actuall fit on the 10G car?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts