2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

So i have a 1997 Honda Civic Coupe 1.6SR.

I am currently looking for parts for it and have found a few websites but when using my Reg to look up the car it keeps coming up saying that its a 1997 Honda Civic Coupe 1.6SR VTEC...now my understanding was that with VTEC engines, Honda embossed the VTEC logo on the cylinder head cover but mine doesnt have this :confused:

Is there a way to check the engine itself to see what it is, maybe this model didnt have the VTEC logo embossed, or the cylinder head cover got changed or maybe even the engine got changed? I guess i would need to get the engine model /number and check it but im not too sure where the engine number is or how to check it!

Please can someone let me know what i need to do to get this checked?

Thanks in advance!!

Ty

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
op does the engine have 2 cams? got a photo? i think it would have vtec on it if it was. does the redline start or finish at 8k? this is a vtec revcounter

sent from my phone
God coste1l do you live on here or something? I was going to bring up the point on the rev counter but saw you already said about it. Just need OP to look online and post replys now so we can assist them further.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.