2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

9G 2019 Garmin Map Update Available

Satnav 
21K views 107 replies 23 participants last post by  Steve_m 
#1 ·

As posted on the 10G thread, it looks like the 2019 Map Update is now out for the 9G Civic at least (Western Europe maps)

See less See more
#3 ·
fails

Just got my car yesterday and the Maps are at 2015 so thought i'd give this a go

Tried 7-8 times now with both Mac and PC and 2 different USB sticks32gb and 64gb
it fails every time when it says building maps
it only seems to go to around 50 download too

#4 ·
Did you follow instructions to the letter. I formatted a USB stick. Put into car. Started car. Told connect I wanted update. Waited at least a minute, turned car off. Waited another minute before taking stick out. Back to computer (windows) followed instructions according to garmin. Back to car. Stick in. Start. Follow instructions. Done. But with this being a new update who knows if gremlins exist in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#18 ·
Updated mine fine last week, download took about 45 mins and Update through USB Took about 25 mins and a roundabout near me that has been there for two year and wasn't on the 2018 update is now there on the 2019 one.

#21 ·
Have updated the map on my Tourer, no problems encountered, map at 2019.0 and software remains at 3.33.

I did update the software in March 2018 to 3.33 when I purchased the Tourer at six months old (and 21 miles). Maybe there is a hardware difference between the CR-V and Civic, as Hatter reported software version 3.45

Sat Nav does still often show I am off-roading, or in an alternate location, until it comes back to what we call reality. Maybe a trip to the dealer to see if the infotainment needs an update.

#22 ·
Sat Nav does still often show I am off-roading, or in an alternate location, until it comes back to what we call reality. Maybe a trip to the dealer to see if the infotainment needs an update.
Yes, do that. It seems to be quite a common problem. I have it now and again at the same time as my stand alone Garmin DS 61 has a solid 'on road' lock.
The more people complain about it the better, and if (when) the dealer say that Honda have not heard about it, they (Honda) are lying as I have reported the problem direct to Honda customer support and had a reply from them stating that a "map upgrade is due soon" (It's now out as 2019.0) as if that will fix a GPS lock problem.:frown2: They know about it, but seem not to understand the problem, or they are ignoring it.:frown2:

#28 ·
Thanks, yes, it's Settings, Menu, Restore. Now I have to drive by some cameras to see how (if!) it works.

Another confusion for me was that on my old TomTom there was a menu item for POI where you could select the detail items you wanted, but on this Garmin there is no mention of POI, just the menu for the 3 levels of detail, and the list for layers which does not have POI as a item.

#33 ·
Editing the xml file could be tricky as it is a known fact from other posts that a faulty download or corrupt files can stop or even scrap the head unit.

Looking at the xml, don't think it would be advisable to remove sections but the bits that need editing would be the update files section.

It probably needs a few lines adding for each update file to tell the unit to check the installed version (major, minor part) and the available files version on the usb. If they are the same or higher on the unit then not to install them.

This would then leave the poi section to update.

If you've a rooted head unit, would have thought that the Garmin section would be visible and it would be a case of just copying the new speed cameras to the poi section.

Just a few thoughts but could be completely wrong.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#35 ·
All the latest posts are about your question above about only loading the Camera POIs.
'We' haven't yet found a way of doing it, and there is always the possibility of 'bricking' it.
It can almost certainly be done, but needs someone more skilled than I to do it and more importantly test it.

#36 ·
Just updated Satnav to 2019 release whilst sat in car park. About 20 minutes. No issues so far but early days. Would like speed cameras showing as I read somebody had done a while ago but don't want to risk bricking unit. Annoying you go onto Garmin website and you can add cameras to spitfires to use as your avatar on the map.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#37 ·
You can add cameras to the Connect Garmin satnav.
You just put the correct .GPI file on the \garmin\poi folder on a map update pen drive, do a map update and that's it. You have to 'Restore' the satnav on every startup if you want proximity alerts with voices as well if you have the right .GPI

#39 ·
Now that I've done my update i can explore files on my usb stick. Ive seen cyclops files for sale on the garmin site, wonder if i bought could I drag and drop onto usb and reinstall. I used to do this with my tomtom. It was easy with them as you could interrogate the files on the satnav itself dragging files into appropriate folders such as background photos, voices(Herbert from Family Guy or the naughty broad who promised me all sorts of sexual pleasure if I got around this roundabout had to be switched off if mother was in car) plus using the image of my own car as the avatar. Shame this not as easy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.