2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just got myself a 2012 civic 1.4 as a cheap runner around (red in colour) used to be huge on the old EK lowered/ black VTI wheels but then went away from Honda till now.

Question is has anyone done any subtle modifications to the exterior of the 2012 (non Type R) models ? I can't see any online what so ever ! Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,347 Posts
I suppose a simple start would be as I have done;
door Sills from a forum member (Semi interior)
Foglight protectors from the forum
Footwell lights from the forum (Interior, but eh :p)
Other than that,
Wind deflectors seem like a safe bet.

If you have a look through this ebay shop, which I have seen mentioned elsewhere on the forum, you can find some exterior stick on metal bits that can go a way to helping the looks: alanos350z on eBay
They have quite a few bits for both inside and out, and not just for civics.

Some decals wouldn't go amiss for a subtle mod:
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/civinfo-hobbyist-traders/206553-gers-decals-one-stop-shop.html

If you want to get more extreme than that, There is a thread knocking about (Either in this section, or with the Type R section) where someone added / swapped in an aftermarket spoiler.

Hope that covers some of the basic options, I'm sure others will have more to add.

It's worth going through some of the threads here, and looking through what is on offer in the hobbyist trader section; There are many small mods to be found that gives it that personal touch.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi , thanks for the replies! I was probably a bit premature when I posted as I spent sometime after in the gallery and reading posts and got some good ideas.

I'm considering -
interior - G8 Type R gear knob, genuine car mats and G9 Type R glove box strip
Exterior - 17'' Black wheels with black fuel cap cover or 18'' G8 Type R wheels with silver fuel cap cover. Either with lowered 30mm and that's it, potentially colour coded wheel arches.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Yes!!! Thread revival!

Cant go far wrong with the strip above the glove box, really brightens things up. Plus you can wrap the red bit with any other colour you want. (I did mine blue to match the car). It looks delightful.

Definitely stick on some Heko wind deflectors too. They take a little bit of getting used to the mirrors (IMO) but totally worth it

Never been a fan of the colour coded arches, I think they would only work with the black. I photoshopped blue ones onto mine and decided against it, but each to their own :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Deffo think Colour Coded arches are a must, the wheels look lost in the shadows and the greys!. Also tints and and maybe gloss black roof and mirrors might be good.

·
Registered
11 Posts
is there any wheel arches available as i really hate the grey not even black plastic wheel arches ruin the look of the car.

·
Premium Member
2,347 Posts
is there any wheel arches available as i really hate the grey not even black plastic wheel arches ruin the look of the car.
You should be able to get them on cox motor parts, can't link you at the moment as I'm on mobile, but I'm sure you'll find them

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yes!!! Thread revival!

Cant go far wrong with the strip above the glove box, really brightens things up. Plus you can wrap the red bit with any other colour you want. (I did mine blue to match the car). It looks delightful.

Definitely stick on some Heko wind deflectors too. They take a little bit of getting used to the mirrors (IMO) but totally worth it

Never been a fan of the colour coded arches, I think they would only work with the black. I photoshopped blue ones onto mine and decided against it, but each to their own :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts