2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Ex Honda Tractor driver!
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am going to see about changing my 8g 2.2 SE on monday, have been offered an ex demo 1.8 TI with added bodykit, now i know this is based on a lowly SE spec but with added kit like leather steering wheel, bluetooth, colour coded arches and Team Dynamics alloys but retailing at less than the SE makes me wonder why i don't hear about more people having them.
I love the way it looks but should i hold out for a better spec then pay extra for colour coding and wheels??

Attachments

·
Registered
815 Posts
Better go for the ES version (fog light front and rear, auto wiper, light sensor, ...)

Success

Greetings,
Dark Flemish

Reactions: mryanski

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
I spoke to my dealership last week and they told me they can't colour code the wheel-arches on my SE, even as an after-sale modification. It could just be that they don't do them in sapphire blue yet, but I kinda got the message from him that colour coding is only available for the higher or special models in white or red.

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
I spoke to my dealership last week and they told me they can't colour code the wheel-arches on my SE, even as an after-sale modification. It could just be that they don't do them in sapphire blue yet, but I kinda got the message from him that colour coding is only available for the higher or special models in white or red.
Total and utter cack.

ANY 9th gen can have the arches colour coded, i'd say your dealer just couldnt be bothered. You can't buy the parts painted, they just take off your parts and paint them, then put em back on.

·
Innuendo Queen
1,706 Posts
Also, correct me if I'm wrong here, it's a while since I had my SE... shouldn't the arches be coded anyway, as part of the SE bodykit?

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
Also, correct me if I'm wrong here, it's a while since I had my SE... shouldn't the arches be coded anyway, as part of the SE bodykit?
none of the 9th gens are factory colour coded other than the ltd edition TI's and they are done post build at the factory/avonmouth

·
Premium Member
6,314 Posts
What do you suggest I do if I want some colour coding on my wheel arches? My local dealership doesn't seem interested...
Find a local bodyshop that can spray your arches all they need is your colour code and arches mines took one day in total to spray and refit to my car

·
Premium Member
6,012 Posts
I had the dealer colour code mine ...no probs!

As Gp kho says, just get a good body shop to do them, it really does make a big difference!

Pic of mine done to give you an idea how it looks. :cool:

Attachments

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
Dan your replies do make me laugh!!
but am I wrong anywhere in that reply?

It really annoys me that dealers per se get a rough ride because of stupid responses from other lazy techs/sales people etc. How hard is it for a dealer to get four wheel arches sprayed? not very. But they will be sitting there thinkg there's no profit in it, the customer will moan that they dont like it etc etc so easy way out, dont bother.

Great customer service. Not.

·
Registered
203 Posts
but am I wrong anywhere in that reply?

It really annoys me that dealers per se get a rough ride because of stupid responses from other lazy techs/sales people etc. How hard is it for a dealer to get four wheel arches sprayed? not very. But they will be sitting there thinkg there's no profit in it, the customer will moan that they dont like it etc etc so easy way out, dont bother.

Great customer service. Not.
True - I'm with you on that, if a customer is willing to spend their morning and the request is possible, the sky is the limit.

To many lazy dealers giving us a bad name. To say you can't paint them is a complete cop out. Poor show from them !

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
I've had my pre-registered Ti for about a month now.

Here's my thoughts.

Auto anything - lights / wipers - unecessary! I'm the driver and I'll decide when it's dark or raining.

Front Fogs - been driving in the UK for 35 years - never used em once, so again to my mind not really necessary. Also, reports of the lenses being cracked by flying road debris and expensive to replace.

Civic Ti - nice styling - 17" Team Dynamics, Le-Mans alloy wheels o.k. The low profiles generate a bit more road noise and are un-forgiving since they definitely don't smooth out the bumps on Mr. Cameron's road network.(Recommended tyre pressures are Front - 38 PSI and rears 36.

Bluetooth hands-free was a surprise to me as it works better than I expected with my Android phone. Standard audio system again works with .mp3 bluetooth'd from my Andriod, as do .mp3 from a memory stick, (or in my case an SD card in a USB adapter).

Spacial awareness with Gen 9 is really poor. I struggle with gauging where all four corners are when parking; I'm hoping this improves the longer I have the car. Reversing sensors / camera would be really worthwhile. Honda dealer-fit sensors are £500!!! I am however working on a DIY reversing camera (with bits from ebay) displayed on a wireless clip-on rear view mirror. (I don't have the guts to rip the dash apart to patch into the i-mid display just yet).

I will probably upgrade the audio to an aftermarket double DIN unit with SATNAV at some point. Overall, better audio, SATNAV and a reversing camera are all I really crave. Given the price I paid for my Ti, I could in no way justify the extra for an ES.

My Ti came with a jack, 12v pump and the usual can of get you home foam, but no a space-saver spare wheel. So let's add that to my wish-list too.

Although my Ti is a 2012 and first registered at the end of March 13, it came to me with just delivery mileage - effectively a new car!

I went for the Alabaster Silver as I thought the contrast with the wheels was less stark than against the Orchid pearl white. I have to say it was a close run choice, because I think I prefer the white, but the overall effect of the silver against the dark wheels won the day.

So far so good. I'm getting 42.6 mpg on my daily commute, a mix of motorway, urban and rural traffic at peak times. Don't know how this stacks up with other 2012 Civic 1.8s?

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Getting to the i-mid video input is actually quite easy, just one panel pop off, undo 2 screws :)

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
I had the dealer colour code mine ...no probs!

As Gp kho says, just get a good body shop to do them, it really does make a big difference!

Pic of mine done to give you an idea how it looks. :cool:
Wow.... Looks great.

·
Tarmacadam Terror
5,666 Posts
Nice , really getting to like these :). The pearl white looks amazing in the sun

Sent from the NecronomiPhon

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,259 Posts
Getting to the i-mid video input is actually quite easy, just one panel pop off, undo 2 screws :)
A how-to with pictures would be useful :)

Not that I'm thinking of tinkering but I like to see how these things come apart.

An ideal how-to for me would be one showing the horizontal panel in front of the iMid/speedo coming off and a picture of what's inside.
I've got a Garmin mounted on mine with the wire down the door pillar but I'd prefer to mount it centrally and wire through the dash.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts