2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
I would assume not either, only on the basis that the width (wheel outer to outer) of both the front and rear axle on the Type R is a fair bit greater than the standard car. As the extra width isn't achieved by just wheel offset then the suspension must be wider to accommodate this meaning it's likely that the ARB will be longer front and rear.

Just speculation of course I may be wrong.

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
all you really need to do is measure the mounting holes distances from under the rear strut and compare them against a type r's. no brace required to test?

·
Premium Member
2,285 Posts
all you really need to do is measure the mounting holes distances from under the rear strut and compare them against a type r's. no brace required to test?
Measuring hard, lining up holes easy. Ug. :p

Could do, just holding off until the next time I need to jack the car up to save doing it specially.

I see you're in Essex, are you in the Essex Honda group? Shameless plug :p

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ha ha. yes that sounds really easy. next time i have both a R and a non-R side by side i'll do that :roll:

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was in touch with Dream on this; They were under the impression that it would. They don't have any in stock at the moment or I'd drive over and see if I could get one to line up.
Let me know if you do this - i'm ready to press the button on this one if i know its going to fit.

cheers
Rob

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Measuring hard, lining up holes easy. Ug. :p

Could do, just holding off until the next time I need to jack the car up to save doing it specially.

I see you're in Essex, are you in the Essex Honda group? Shameless plug :p
no, i'm not but ill look into it, i've ordered a hardrace rear arb, so when it comes ill update.:wink3:

·
Premium Member
2,324 Posts
yep, interested in this too as i'm getting conflicting info on if rear axle is worth it. cant find too much on ARB with rear axle as it's all based on independant designs.

·
Premium Member
2,285 Posts
AutoSpeed - Anti-Roll Bars and Torsion Beam Rear Suspensions, Part 1

I'd be interested / concerned to see how it would handle a few bumps on curves near me; One of which is on a high speed sliproad. I'd rather not have a tail chucking liability, however, at the same time, when testing limit handling and in general feel I'd say the rear could be doing more in the corners.

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
sorry, been busy faffing with the eventuri, and cleaning the mucky thing.
looks like the shocks have to be dropped.
plan a failed, not as straight forward to install as i hoped as the spring is in the way.
plan b should be tomorrow, gonna jack whole back end up to hopefully get some play on the springs. (apparently someone managed it this way)
worst case ill have to undo the rear shock and lower it a bit.
last time i only had one side up with the wheel off and a spring compressor that kept slipping.
was considering not to bother but being in colchester with all the roundabouts convince me to persevere with it.
these are some factory prototype pictures that hardrace sent me.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
AutoSpeed - Anti-Roll Bars and Torsion Beam Rear Suspensions, Part 1

I'd be interested / concerned to see how it would handle a few bumps on curves near me; One of which is on a high speed sliproad. I'd rather not have a tail chucking liability, however, at the same time, when testing limit handling and in general feel I'd say the rear could be doing more in the corners.

All fitted this morning, here is those measurements.
Turn in, power out and obviously the understeer have all improved.
Bump wise, still not butt clenching like my fn2 was.
I’m happy with it and glad I persevered with it.
As long both sides of the car are off the ground and you have a small pry bar at hand, easy install.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
yes, it doesn't need a lot, i did it on my back/side with bar in one hand while pushing the bolt throw with the other.:wink3:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts