2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could anyone please post a photo of a 9G Civic in "Polished Metal Metallic"
Have seen the one in the "New Civic Brochure" but would like see it "For Real" as it were!
Many thanks.
Ray

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Could anyone please post a photo of a 9G Civic in "Polished Metal Metallic"
Have seen the one in the "New Civic Brochure" but would like see it "For Real" as it were!
Many thanks.
Ray
Here you go...

Attachments

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
just grabbed some of one we have in the showroom, not the greatest quality granted but should give you an idea.

Attachments

·
Administrator
20,953 Posts
Dan

Can you take it out for a short trip down the M25 and let us know what colour the undercoat is :popcorn2:

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
Dan

Can you take it out for a short trip down the M25 and let us know what colour the undercoat is :popcorn2:
[smilie=nod.gif][smilie=laff.gif][smilie=laff.gif][smilie=laff.gif][smilie=nod.gif]

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
Dan

just had a look around the underside of the bonnet etc and cant see any areas where the undercoat hasnt been covered by top coat at all so it either A) doesnt have any, hence solving the problem:worms:, or B) its a slightly paler colour grey.

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
9G Polished Metal Metallic

Hi Dan
Thank you so much for the photos of the Civic in your Showroom.
Much appreciated .
Convinced us that this is the colour for us ( You may remember that we were considering UT )
Have also just looked at the pics posted by Busby.
All the best.
Ray:D

·
Registered
227 Posts
THey have one of these in my local dealer andi must say the colour really suits the car. Its actually quite smart close up. A bit similar to cosmic grey, but with less of a metallic "glitter" through it.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Can anyone post a picture of a Royal Sapphire Blue Pearl 9G Civic? I have ordered one but have no idea if the car suits blue particulary with the red rear light bar.

I just am not keen on a car that matches the colour of the road like most Civics do.

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Can anyone post a picture of a Royal Sapphire Blue Pearl 9G Civic? I have ordered one but have no idea if the car suits blue particulary with the red rear light bar.

I just am not keen on a car that matches the colour of the road like most Civics do.
Why order if not knowing what it may look like? :facepalm:

Here you go, looks nice...

Attachments

·
Administrator
20,953 Posts
Yes the colour is very nice in pristine but wait till you get that first stone chip. The light grey undercoat will show through like a sore thumb.

My IS200 was a similar dark blue and I was forced to use the touch up pen almost weekly.
From that car on I make it a rule to get the colour that matches the undercoat best.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I've recently had blue cars and my present 4 year old Civic has only 1 minute chip on the wing which was easy to touch up.

I bought without seeing a blue because there is a 20 week wait and I don't want to be part exchanging a 5 year old car. It will soon need tyres and brake pads so I have no time to hang around. I do not want red or a colour that matches the road.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Here you go, looks nice...
Thank you Bob. It does look nice but I still haven't seen a real photo of one on the road.

I am surprised they made all those sickly yellow cars that will never sell rather than even start painting anything in a popular blue like this.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts