2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Honda is doing great and its fun to see our (heavily modified) cars in front :)

·
I'm going fast again!
1,137 Posts
They do look badass there! :D

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
Hungary this weekend. Watch it on eurosport.

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
Well where is it going if they have gone to the vast expense of developing a 1.6 turbo for 3 cars in WTCC, racing a EURO spec car in the WORLD touring cars?

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Well where is it going if they have gone to the vast expense of developing a 1.6 turbo for 3 cars in WTCC, racing a EURO spec car in the WORLD touring cars?
As you might expect, they were quite tight lipped on the details.
I imagine it will remain as a "race" engine, as that is where most of Mugen's money comes from. It could even be used as a development platform for whatever is going into the CTR? But I'm just speculating now.

I can only tell you what they told us!

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
oh I know that, have had many similar conversations with Honda along the same lines, just a shame they all conflict as it seems no-one knows what is going in it yet.

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Great win...and a 1-2-3 as well!!
Tarquini's still got it as well...makes me feel better as i've just turned 45!!

I've heard that the new CTR will be 2 litre turbo....agree that its mildly confusing as FIA regs being aligned with 1.6's....

but then...to get that CTR around the nurburgring and be fastest in its class may need that grunt :)

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Would be shocked if it wasn't a 1.6T in the Type-R, there making the 1.6 F1 engine too so all that research just to make a 2.0 seems like an odd choice !

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
and the current n/a 2lt K20 was obselete due to emissions, how will a 2ltr turbo be any better??

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Love the front of these the y shape should never be hidden imo

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
But they are all gloss black on those cars + the lower lip is black.
On ours its grey ;/

Reactions: NH Dan

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
and the current n/a 2lt K20 was obselete due to emissions, how will a 2ltr turbo be any better??
I agree 2l petrol seems old, even with turbo and the price will suffer.
1.6 or 1.8 + turbo sounds better but who knows yet.
The great thing about these cars are the handling imo. I can feel that already in the normal version. Havnt been able to make my tyres squeal noticable yet pushing it through a tight corner tbh. Amazing grip.

·
Tarmacadam Terror
5,666 Posts
Turbo cars have better emissions , to do with recirculated exhaust gas.

Sent from the NecronomiPhon

1 - 20 of 22 Posts