9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Seems like you will only loose the "source" button with that install but volume and skip track works

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gloom, how is the source button lost? Can you tell from the wiring diagram or know from an install you have done? Cheers buddy. James.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Gloom, how is the source button lost? Can you tell from the wiring diagram or know from an install you have done? Cheers buddy. James.
I followed the connects2 link and they illustrate with Pictures what buttons will work. Source button is the one that switch from radio to usb to Bluetooth etc on the oem radio.
You will need to push the source button on the new pioneer headunit. Not a big of a deal don't worry!
What you will not get is music display on the i-mid.

I use Audison BitTen together with the factory unit so everything works as usual to me.

Audison bit - bit Ten

·
Registered
616 Posts
Nice one gloom, that bit ten is very, very expensive.
Compared to what? You don't need a new HU + you will be able to customize the sound in a way no HU can.
You can always put in a new HU later and connect it to the Bit Ten if you really need satnav/Bluetooth or whatever the oem unit don't provide.
I use a Belkin bluetooth to 3.5mm adapter and I use my phone as GPS. Works great for me :)
You do need a separate amp though.
If you intend to only change the HU and power the speakers from that one, then I don't recommend the Bit Ten..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Compared to what? You don't need a new HU + you will be able to customize the sound in a way no HU can.
You can always put in a new HU later and connect it to the Bit Ten if you really need satnav/Bluetooth or whatever the oem unit don't provide.
I use a Belkin bluetooth to 3.5mm adapter and I use my phone as GPS. Works great for me :)
You do need a separate amp though.
If you intend to only change the HU and power the speakers from that one, then I don't recommend the Bit Ten..

That's what I will be doing mate, changing the HU and powering the speakers from that. Not comparing the cost to anything, it's alot of money for me is what I meant. :(

Got to put in a touch screen to keep things simple for the wife as it is her who is driving it mainly.

I'm an audiophile and would love a set up to include bit ten but finances wouldn't allow that at this moment in time as well as a new HU.

Cheers,

J.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts