2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dont know if this has been mentioned yet but I found out that there WILL be a 9G type R announced this summer for release in the summer 2013.

Details are sketchey at the moment but it will definitely be a 3dr and will be powered by a 2ltr engine, not sure if it will be NA though.

If you are wondering, the info has come from someone high up at HUK.

If I get any more info I will update.... :popcorn:

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
Can't be that high up in HUK if all they know is it's a 3 door with a 2.0 litre engine. Even auto express has managed to guess that much.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can't be that high up in HUK if all they know is it's a 3 door with a 2.0 litre engine. Even auto express has managed to guess that much.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Thanks for your positive feedback, if i throw a dog a bone I dont want to know if it tastes like cr*p.

Sorry if I didnt get you any exclusive pictures....

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
Thanks for your positive feedback, if i throw a dog a bone I dont want to know if it tastes like cr*p.

Sorry if I didnt get you any exclusive pictures....
Continuing with your metaphor, there have been plenty of bones regarding a 9th Gen R. All of which have been rumours with no facts to back them up.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but with all these rumours flying around, I'm not convinced.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Continuing with your metaphor, there have been plenty of bones regarding a 9th Gen R. All of which have been rumours with no facts to back them up.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but with all these rumours flying around, I'm not convinced.

Well it looks like you might have to put a bit of trust in me then....;)

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
I must admit I'm puzzled by the large capacity.

It makes no sense to me. The way to go has to be eco hybrid like the Mugen CRZ.

I'm sure a 1.6 turbo or supercharged unit with hybrid assist could make 200-300bhp whilst returning low emissions.

In fact given the bigger platform of the Civic, I'd have thought it had the potential for a much larger hybrid system which could even allow a conventional motor more economical and lower on emissions that even the CRZ. Look at the Jaguar and some other hybrids where the motors are 50 or even 100 or 200 bhp each wheel.

With 4x50BHP electrics you could have a 115bhp eco petrol and still have 315bhp!

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
time will tell chaps, time will tell

·
Registered
732 Posts
Dont know if this has been mentioned yet but I found out that there WILL be a 9G type R announced this summer for release in the summer 2013.

Details are sketchey at the moment but it will definitely be a 3dr and will be powered by a 2ltr engine, not sure if it will be NA though.

If you are wondering, the info has come from someone high up at HUK.

If I get any more info I will update.... :popcorn:
what happens if your wrong?

if that someone at HUK is telling you about the 9g ctr... it cant be that much of a secret

·
Kids use a lot of space
806 Posts
Can't see it myself,
3Dr almost no chance as has been said many times previously from the top (HUK are obviously deaf!).
An announcement this summer? Hasn't that already been done with no detail??
A car introduction in a year, well miracles do happen, not seen one yet.

Lets just say if there is one next summer I'll buy it with my lottery winnings as there's more chance of that happening.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Jeeeez dont shoot the messenger.

1) nobody has to believe me
2) nobody knows who I am or who my contacts are in HUK

I was also surprised about being a 2.0, esp with new emmision regs etc, but ive also read elsewhere that the "Type R" badge will be reserved for NA engines, hence the 2.0 maybe?

It WILL be a 3dr and it will be announced OFFICIALLY this summer, but like all things it could be delayed.

We will just have to wait and see.....

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
There's no way a 2.0 litre NA engine will pass the emission regs. Especially if it's going to contend with other new hot hatches.

Unless Honda's going to take the hit of a fine, which I'd imagine they'd pass swiftly onto the customer.

·
AKA - Vin Petrol
1,821 Posts
Daedalus.

Reactions: mpn_daedalus

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
I bet its a 1.6 Turbo like the GTC.

Bet they brand it with the "Type R" badge also.

·
Registered
406 Posts
When you say "high up" do you mean someone high up in the management side......or do you mean high up on a ladder peeking through a window at HUK ? ;)

1 - 20 of 65 Posts